• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AXYS rear skid Fox QS3’s not going to fit?

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
So on another thread a member made a good point that the Matryx rear skid upper idlers have been moved inward on some of the prototype sleds. Others still have the wheels in the AXYS position. By doing this unfortunately any rear track shock that currently has the reservoir in the upper position is not gonna fit like Fox QS3’s. Disappointing in this as I was going to swap over my shocks from my previous AXYS sled.

488636E7-D364-4564-A3A0-32CBC97161A6.jpegDA6B78F1-460D-481C-B5E7-DEAD0624EEC7.jpeg

Last edited:

Jeff95

Premium Member
Jan 11, 2009
Terrebonne, Oregon
Why not move the idlers back outward!
I not happy about this. The top of my shock was rubbing on my 2021 axys. I had to file a bit to make clearance for it to fit!
Polaris made a effort to keep geometry the same and FOX knew this new design before releasing new shocks last year! At least the people working closely with Fox did!
I hope Fox will come out with a cost affective solution for the people that bought shocks last year.

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
Why not move the idlers back outward!
I not happy about this. The top of my shock was rubbing on my 2021 axys. I had to file a bit to make clearance for it to fit!
Polaris made a effort to keep geometry the same and FOX knew this new design before releasing new shocks last year! At least the people working closely with Fox did!
I hope Fox will come out with a cost affective solution for the people that bought shocks last year.
since when companies cares about retrofitting your last year shocks?

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
Okay after doing some more digging on YouTube it’s the 155’s that have the idler change by the looks of it. Wonder why the change in position For 155 & not the other length?

9ED6DEE7-EE7C-404C-91C6-D3631F574A3F.jpeg

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
So on another thread a member made a good point that the Matryx rear skid upper idlers have been moved inward on some of the prototype sleds. Others still have the wheels in the AXYS position. By doing this unfortunately any rear track shock that currently has the reservoir in the upper position is not gonna fit like Fox QS3’s. Disappointing in this as I was going to swap over my shocks from my previous AXYS sled.

View attachment 369397View attachment 369396

Just swap your rear torque arm over at the same time.

It’s not that hard.

S
Dec 30, 2007
SD
If you look in the driveshaft thread there are some different drivers with different drive nub locations. Could be part of it?? Who knows till next December...

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
If you look in the driveshaft thread there are some different drivers with different drive nub locations. Could be part of it?? Who knows till next December...
I asked Chris Burandt on IG about the possible change in upper idler wheel position & he confirmed that next years rear track shock from Fox will be changed to accommodate the change in idler position. Little disappointed if true as I like my Kashima Coat QS3's but wouldn't mind the reservoir lower as to aid in adjusting the compression/lock out knob. At least I can keep my front ski shocks.

Last edited:
S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Got word from burandt today they will have a new rear track shock for the sleds with the idlers moved in the current iqs 3 coil spring rear track shock won’t work

my question is why can’t we just flip the shock so the reservoir is on the bottom?
I have a sled with zbros X1s and the reservoir is on the bottom or upside down. Did I mount the zbros shock wrong? Are zbros and fox coil shocks different internally so you mount one with the reservoir on top and one needs to be on bottom?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Got word from burandt today they will have a new rear track shock for the sleds with the idlers moved in the current iqs 3 coil spring rear track shock won’t work

my question is why can’t we just flip the shock so the reservoir is on the bottom?
I have a sled with zbros X1s and the reservoir is on the bottom or upside down. Did I mount the zbros shock wrong? Are zbros and fox coil shocks different internally so you mount one with the reservoir on top and one needs to be on bottom?

I thought it was an issue with the air QS3’s only.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
I thought it was an issue with the air QS3’s only.
I can see with the air qs3 there is a reservoir on each end so flipping them wouldn’t help but with the qs3 coils there’s only one reservoir that’s why I’m trying to find out why I can’t just flip the shock and put the reservoir on the bottom especially since zbros has you mount with the reservoir on bottom upside down unless I mounted the zbros wrong

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I can see with the air qs3 there is a reservoir on each end so flipping them wouldn’t help but with the qs3 coils there’s only one reservoir that’s why I’m trying to find out why I can’t just flip the shock and put the reservoir on the bottom especially since zbros has you mount with the reservoir on bottom upside down unless I mounted the zbros wrong

I’ve never seen an axys rmk sled with coils having the reservoir on top.

All have been on the bottom.

I suppose it would very slightly affect unsprung weight.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I'm putting my raptor kinetics on my 22 boost, don't see it being a issue at all.

Premium Features