• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys Quick Drive gears on Pro-ride

P
I need to replace my quick drive gears on my 2014 Polaris 800 pro and found a set from a 2018 Axys. Anyone have an idea if new QD gears are compatible? If it is compatible, would the Axys belt or pro belt drive be required? Thanks for your help

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
They should fit but it will gear you up even more than stock... Pro-ride gears into Axys are a gear-down and use the Axys belt, so I would assume you would use the pro-ride QD belt. Unless you are a lake-racer I wouldn't do it myself.

Snowman.PRO.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2015
MN
The axys gears will work, and with your stock belt. However, you will have "LESS" low end snap. You are essentially gearing it up. You will have worse performance doing this IMO. But if you are just trying to get it on the snow for cheap, then it will work.

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
Is the Pro RMK and AXYS QD belt different? Different length or Same?
Yes the axys belts are different they have 2 more coges vs the pro belt. Installing axys gears on a pro and using the pro belt the belt has a lot of play in it not nearly as tight as with the stock gears.

Premium Features