• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AXYS Control Arm Bushing Retaining Rings

snowracer21

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2012
I recently replaced my worn out control arm bushings on my '17 AXYS RMK Pro. I installed new (brass) bushings, and reinstalled the spacers & retaining ring (#5 in the photo below).

Is it advised to replace the retaining ring as well? Reason being, it doesn't seem to hold the bushing in place, and after a few minutes down the trail, retaining ring blows out of the slot and which allows the control arms to move back and forth on the pivots.

Anyone else have this happen?

Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 5.48.55 PM.png

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I recently replaced my worn out control arm bushings on my '17 AXYS RMK Pro. I installed new (brass) bushings, and reinstalled the spacers & retaining ring (#5 in the photo below).

Is it advised to replace the retaining ring as well? Reason being, it doesn't seem to hold the bushing in place, and after a few minutes down the trail, retaining ring blows out of the slot and which allows the control arms to move back and forth on the pivots.

Anyone else have this happen?

You probably put at least one set of bushing pins going the same direction. (Both In from the outside is the correct way)

The rings cannot hold the load.

Also when tightening the nuts holding the a arm in place, push the pins toward the center of the a arm to make your front end tight.

Last edited:

snowracer21

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2012
You probably put at least one set of bushing pins going the same direction. (Both In from the outside is the correct way)

The rings cannot hold the load.

Also when tightening the nuts holding the a arm in place, push the pins toward the center of the a arm to make your front end tight.

I'll double check this... could be a possibility

Premium Features