• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys 9inch wheel kit - Canada

S
Dec 28, 2009
Looking to purchase a 9inch wheel kit for my 2019 850 SKS 146. Anyone know of any brands/stores selling these?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew.

S
Dec 28, 2009
Perfect, thanks for the reply.

I don't believe I need the offset axle because I went from an 8tooth driver to 7tooth so I need to take up the slack with the 9inch wheels.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
itek..or tricked toys are canadian. and yes you need an offset axle

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
See attached - not sure it helps explain. If all you do is add dimension to the wheels - the track will drop 1" below hyrax at the rear. You need to offset your axle to raise your axle to IMG_5161 2.JPGIMG_5161 2.JPG for the larger wheels.

S
Dec 28, 2009
See attached - not sure it helps explain. If all you do is add dimension to the wheels - the track will drop 1" below hyrax at the rear. You need to offset your axle to raise your axle to for the larger wheels.

I now understand, this make sense thank you for your time and explanation. You helped me avoid an issue here.

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Tom at TKI stared 9 inches were max. For the Polaris. Didn’t ask why. Just ran with it. He’s a great dude and a great source of info. I went with his wheels and axle and also converted my 19 chain drive to a belt with his kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
I did mine mid season and have not rode it yet. Did a bunch of stuff to the sled to include clutching/chain conversion/exhaust and suspension so it will be gheard to put a finger on benefits….except it looks cool. :) During my research - I did get feedback from peeps on here and on Facebook about favorable results.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
A buddy has billet aluminum axle wheels on his old Rev. Depending on snow conditions, it's constantly packing up, and therefore making the circumference of the wheel larger / tightening the track.
Anyone making aluminum wheels with rubber outer coating?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
A buddy has billet aluminum axle wheels on his old Rev. Depending on snow conditions, it's constantly packing up, and therefore making the circumference of the wheel larger / tightening the track.
Anyone making aluminum wheels with rubber outer coating?
Companies used to, but there were problems with that, so they stopped.

If the alum wheels are beveled, that reduces the ice buildup.
I know my 10" Super easy/Pengilly wheels back in 2003 were beveled. Never had ice buildup.

Last edited:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Iceage has their new hellfire wheel with replaceable UHMW 'tire'.
Currently only 8in but 9in is in the works this season.
These should prevent ice buildup while looking cool.Screenshot_20210131-080303_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sent it

Premium Features