• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys 850 RMK 155 FTS Preload...

208_RMK

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
Idaho
How much preload can you get away with on the Front Track Shock on a AXYS RMK skid non Khaos? The listed Polaris' max/min spring length installed specs below for reference. I want to be fairly aggressive on the FTS preload, I've been servicing my sled. Can I go like 8" or even 7.75"? I know you lose travel at some point. Just thought I'd see what others have done.

8.375" (21.3 cm)8.2" (20.8 cm)

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
I also dialed in maximum preload on the FTS. I used the specs in the owners manual and chose not to exceed them. The result was terrific weight transfer and I’ve never bottomed out the rear shock even after loosening RTS to the minimum preload again based on the specs in the owners manual. Sled is 2020 850 163 pro RMK sno check.

It does seem however that you could exceed the owners manual guidelines by several threads on the preload. In other words, there’s lots of room left on both FTS and RTS even when spring preload set to the maximum and minimum. I just never have.

What I’m actually trying to find is a spacer for the front shocks that would allow me to dial in more preload especially on the left front to compensate for the weight imbalance.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
What have you witnessed. I find to much preload on the IFS shocks will cause issues when side hilling. When you hit a previous track it will cast you downhill.

208_RMK

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
Idaho
I forgot to mention in my post above that I have the WE monotubes valved by Carl Cycle Sales, with Raptor triple rate springs all around. UPDATE: I went with 7.75" on the pre-load in the FTS. I also swapped out the Raptor triple rate spring FTS I had in it last season for the stock one. I feel the Raptor FTS spring was too light/soft, I left the other shocks with Raptor springs. Should be a bit different. Just waiting for snow now.

Last edited:
A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
If you're after a tick more weight transfer 8" will work fine, my 850 is set at 7.8" and does not even come close to coil binding. I am trying to get maximum weight transfer in an effort to carry my ski's a wee-bit higher for rock and stump clearance in the early season, but I am also 255 lbs with gear on.

Premium Features