• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Avy Courses -Valemount, Apr 18 & Golden, Apr 25

zacs

Lifetime Membership
The class in Chetwynd, BC went well! Here are some of the comments:

Lori/Randy, Just a quick note to say thanks for the info/knowledge that you crammed into us! (l.o.l). The classroom & field training made it "alot" easier to break down/understand the info on the avalanche bulletins. Beacon & recovery training was great! It really stressed the importance of communication, proper utilization of the tools at your disposal, and what you can do in a relatively short time frame if working together. Warren had a great idea to get the guys that didn't come to do beacon/recovery practice, (ie: poker style format). We still got razzed for "wasting a weekend" in their minds, but I simply responded saying that I valued their lives more than the monies/time invested. They usually then are dumbfounded and ask, "what did you learn"? I then respond by saying if I were to get buried in an avalanche & you were there with your current knowledge, I would be dead! That got their attention! Glen M., March 31, 2009

During the Chetwynd field day, we completed many skills that were learned at the classroom session. Seeing the snow pack in the pit we dug was interesting. Burying the bags with the beacons was another success. I always wondered what it would feel like to probe, and find something under the snow rather than just ground. Splitting into 2 teams at the end of the day was the greatest! You now may think at this point in time that you think you know how to do everything and work it all...that all changes when you go under pressure. Being timed i think was a good thing because it makes you aware that if they were real people that time is passing.... Crystal M. March 31, 2009
=================

Spring is coming...check out this article on Solar Aspects. CLICK HERE.

336.jpg

Sledders in eastern BC and northern Alberta are calling and looking for avalanche classes. Here are a couple of suggestions:

CLICK HERE to view the course details for Valemount, BC
There is space for ~15 more riders in the Valemount class.
Classroom session - Saturday, April 18
Field sessions - Choose ONE field day
Sunday, April 19
Monday, April 20

CLICK HERE to view the course details for Golden, BC
Classroom session - Saturday, April 25
Field sessions - Choose ONE field day
Sunday, April 26
Monday, April 27

Is this class worth 'wasting a good riding day' ?
Read more comments from past avy students to find out....just CLICK HERE!

333.jpg

Photo credit: R. Toronchuk
Expect more avalanches like this yet this spring.

S
Feb 25, 2009
Prince George, B.C.
Come on people!! What are you waiting for?? Hasn't the amount of fatalities this year made you stop and think that an avalanche course would be a #1 priority?? Please sign up, and take the course. Tell all your sledding buddies to sign up. The more educated we are as a snowmobiling community can only be a positive thing.

Premium Features