• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Attitude Industries/Derek Fischer WTF

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
I used an attitude box for my DIY turbo (didn't even buy it from him) and he was very helpful in my initial set-up. I even called him on the Mountian a time or 2 and he walked me through my dilemma. Very surprised to hear this, my experience was a good one.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
He was always very good about answering his phone and giving tuning advice. It was actually getting him to ship the box that I had ordered that was the HUGE pain in the azz. Took almost 2 months to get it. My good friend had the same experience. It is timely shipping that he seems to SUCK at. Support and tuning knowledge once you have the box is great IMO.

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
That all well and good if you are not out the $$$$ and the box but for some of us that are thats bad business.I talked to Derek before I convienced my friend into sending in his old box to be up graded to help with some tuning problems.Now I look like dog dung for my friend getting screwed out of his box.
Where I grew up your word is everything you tell someone you are going to do something than you do it or try your best .
Derek does neither he dosn,t come on here to defend himself or try and make it right.BAD BUSINESS

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
I gave him my controller over a year and half ago to update. Guess what....I still have never gotten it back. After at least 10 different excuses (lost in the mail, etc.) he finally just flat told he didn't have it and I was out of luck. Derek can G_ F_ck H_ms_lf (anyone want to buy a vowel?). The only good thing I can say is he does normally answer his phone (but in my experience, only to give a new excuse). I wish Dobeck would just pull his distributorship. The guys at Dobeck on the other hand are great and super helpful.

Last edited:
U
May 14, 2010
Edgerton, WI
I am sorry there have been issues. I have great luck wit Derek, always taken care of things, sending me a new box to try when having issues and last year, came out to mountain and tuned my sled. He has definitly taken care of me.

Team Pigeon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2006
Pass Creek, BC.
After years of toil, of trouble of yelling at my sled, towing it out, years of internet posts, unplugging / re-plugging wiring harnesses, It was admitted to me by Derek that 'lean mode' increased timing. Increased it to the point of the sled running like.... hmmmm..... like holding a paper bag of poo in the air right until the paper starts to get wet... and it falls on the floor. And then stepping in it.
That night I wrote the most honest 'for sale' ad out there, explained to the guy EXACTLY what this thing did to my 1000 and still got my advertised price of $100. Haven't heard from him since. I'm such a happy customer now.... with a PC5.

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
After years of toil, of trouble of yelling at my sled, towing it out, years of internet posts, unplugging / re-plugging wiring harnesses, It was admitted to me by Derek that 'lean mode' increased timing. Increased it to the point of the sled running like.... hmmmm..... like holding a paper bag of poo in the air right until the paper starts to get wet... and it falls on the floor. And then stepping in it.
That night I wrote the most honest 'for sale' ad out there, explained to the guy EXACTLY what this thing did to my 1000 and still got my advertised price of $100. Haven't heard from him since. I'm such a happy customer now.... with a PC5.

These boxes don't control timing.... at all, only fuel.

snow4shover

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Belgrade, Mt
Attitude does have some controllers that will plug into the Air Temp Sensor. That is the only way you will get a timing change with a Dobeck Controller.

On any Arctic Cat controllers the only way to plug into an Air Temp Sensor will be with controllers that DO NOT have extra Injectors.

If there are extra injectors then the controller doesn't have the capability of controlling an Air Temp Sensor.

O

Ove

Dec 30, 2007
Norway
Attitude are worse than PSI performance. Just take your money and leave you in the dark. Take your business alse where. I bought a "box" but it did not work. No refund because they could not resell a product that did not work. They told me on the phone. Actually Bruce at PSI where better than this.

Premium Features