• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ASSAULT 2.4 Series powder track

T

TWITCH

Apr 30, 2009
Has anybody tried the 2.4 powder track on the assault? Just wondering if it made that much of a difference in the deep snow.

IQ?

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Vilhelmina,Sweden
www.facebook.com
I can tell you This:Big Difference!!!
One of the best allround tracks for this sled...
The Assault 2.12" Track trenches like hell
and i wonder how many horsepower you loose with
this track?It rolls so heavy in the skid.
Have you tried waterskipping with your 2.12Track?
it feels like its pulling water around back in the tunnel...
Id put on a Timbersled skid with a 2.4 5.1 Poo track on my backupsled
and what a difference...Then put stock skid back and tried..
but the track was the big Diff.
ED:beer;

T

TWITCH

Apr 30, 2009
I thought the exact same thing about that track on water. It takes on so much water. Thanks for the info. By the way, you had a timbersled skid on your assault? how does it work for cliff droping and all around big air jumping? I was thinking about trying a different skid, but was looking at NEXTECH's carbonfiber skid with the float shock. Have you heard anything good or bad about that skid?

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
i dont understand why they run that track, its suppose to be a competition track for hill climbs? Its more like a longtrack snowcross sled, the rear suspensions adjustable for flat land and powder. It should have a 146x1.75 snowcross lug like track. I havent rode it personally but it should be faster top end than my 155 700 rmk, but its way slower. Ive also seen that track near the end of the year with almost every lug missing or chunks out of it.

Last edited:

IQ?

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Vilhelmina,Sweden
www.facebook.com
The Timbersled is for climbing.It doesent wheelie as much as others
and sucks up bumps that would have thrown you of the sled.
Thats fine when youre in tight spots.
What is big air jumping? ramp 50-100feet? Or 100 feet with powder landings? the later it works fine.I have nothing bad to say About it-
I will buy one for my turbo sled also.
ED

UOTE=TWITCH;1499814]I thought the exact same thing about that track on water. It takes on so much water. Thanks for the info. By the way, you had a timbersled skid on your assault? how does it work for cliff droping and all around big air jumping? I was thinking about trying a different skid, but was looking at NEXTECH's carbonfiber skid with the float shock. Have you heard anything good or bad about that skid?[/QUOTE]

Premium Features