• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ascender can

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
i've used a Cutler can on my 20 alpha and also 19 alpha as well as previous m-8 sleds....good product, never cracked, no bogs due to fueling, etc....no bogs due to deep snow....not too loud....no problem recommending this can..and i think the price is $299.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
I use the bdx. They are light and not loud. Two choices stainless and titanium. Might still get in on the weekend deal. I think it was 220 for the stainless and 320 for the titanium right at two pounds
The top of the line would be a diamond s which is pretty light, very quiet, but super expensive like 600 bux
The ggb is the cheapest cause all it is is a steel pipe. they are ear piercing loud and cheap.

Last edited:

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
I have the SLP on mine. i ride in noise sensitive area and the SLP has a great low end tone without being too loud @ WOT. I have several other Acender owner firneds who run them as well and love em.

Z
Apr 26, 2017
I would probably say it comes down to a individuals budget. I started with a mbrp mountain can on my 19. Ran good but was really loud. I finally pulled the trigger on a diamond s titanium can (they are spendy) but I did not look back. It's the lightest can on the market, which personally I believe should be anyone's primary goal in running a can (shedding weight). Yeah, I get loud cans sound cool... but it's more about letting your riding do the talking, rather than the noise you can make. Most can's actually make a sled lose power versus gain. I felt the diamond s made the sled run a little stronger than mbrp can did. I'd still be running it if I didn't go to a turbo. Definitely worth looking into. Otherwise I've had good luck with HPS as well.

C
Aug 28, 2008
North Central MN
I really liked the sound of my GGB mountain can. I had every intention on getting another until I heard that some experienced bogging with the new engine. The less I spend the better, especially if the wife gets involved...
I really like the looks of what HPS has done as well.

cooker2003

Lifetime Membership
Jul 11, 2010
GGB Mountain on my 2018 High Country had bad bogging problems two winters ago in Cooke City. Cat did reflash the ECU, but I haven't been back at elevation to see if there was a difference. I can't definitively say it was due to the GGB exhaust.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

bjd68

Premium Member
Jul 22, 2012
Abbotsford BC
I just put a GGB trail can on my 18 mountian cat it sounds good in the shop but havent had it up the mountian yet !

snosurfer

Premium Member
Oct 30, 2008
I'm running the HPS on my 19 alpha looks nice definitely makes the front end lighter feels like a little more power but that could just be the rumble effect, doesn't bog at all, deep throaty sound at Idle ,not to loud for rider at w.o.t , but your buddies no where your at for sure. My only complaint would be on the trail at a consistent 6000 rpm range it has a pretty consistent resonation that gets annoying after a while making me think of putting the stock suit case back in if I had to ride trail very much, thankfully that's not the case, just my 2cents worth, otherwise performs quite well.

N
Nov 14, 2012
A0CDFE0F-7CE3-456D-AE0C-49F89A92B898.jpeg
Running SSI stainless can on my 2020 hardcore. It seemed to want to pull backwards toward the chaincase and then was rubbing/vibrating metal on metal. I added the extra spring to the front to keep it centred.
Noise levels was a little more than expected but not bad. A little annoying on the trail to the mountains but once in the deep it was fine.

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
I run the SSI Ti can. Uber lightweight and fit was great. A bit noisy on the trail but there are many cans out there much louder. No bog......sled runs crisp and smooth in all conditions.

Premium Features