• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ascender (Alpha) best clutch options

skiutahcabin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 6, 2012
Timber Lakes Utah
As a preventative measure I plan to replace my clutch at the end of this winter; (2019 alpha) I will have 2000mi on it by then and wondering what you all recommend as the best replacement- THX!

Last edited:

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
THe Ski - Doo guys must laugh at us Cat guys. We’re ordering new clutches and their trying to figure out the best hot dog cooker that will fit there 2 stroke factory turbo. No wonder cat is broke. Sorry to hi jack your thread. Stock clutch with aftermarket cover.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
THe Ski - Doo guys must laugh at us Cat guys. We’re ordering new clutches and their trying to figure out the best hot dog cooker that will fit there 2 stroke factory turbo.

Yeah I bet those things end up having no problems at all.

And their last clutch design revision worked so flawlessly out of the gate.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Factory clutch works very well just prone to exploding. Not sure if you will find anything that performs as well? The 16/17 doesn't seem to explode and should perform nearly the same except for initial engagement.

Sent it

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
THe Ski - Doo guys must laugh at us Cat guys. We’re ordering new clutches and their trying to figure out the best hot dog cooker that will fit there 2 stroke factory turbo. No wonder cat is broke. Sorry to hi jack your thread. Stock clutch with aftermarket cover.
Needing a new clutch after 2000 miles is quite laughable. However, Doo just installed belt temp warning lights on the 2021s.. I find that pretty funny to be honest.. They are all laughable in their own way.. but its the manufacturers who have the last laugh.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
meanwhile doos done nothing to address how FAT their chassis is except same ol doo answers - add more power and traction.
sleds are getting too big. id put 17 clutch on the 18+ and try it. they weigh less, belts are cheaper, they dont explode...

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
^ya i meant whole 17 setup, diff alignment bar to check it with im assuming too. would have to ride one to believe any difference past engagement.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I had a ‘14 with updated team clutches and primary upgrades, which I thought felt great at the time.
I was really surprised and impressed with how much better the 18 clutches were on my first ride. Just gotta keep your eye on them I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skiutahcabin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 6, 2012
Timber Lakes Utah
Thanks for your input! I rode a SkiDoo the other day for a guy who got into a mess and needed help out, couldn't wait to get my Alpha back. The handling felt like I was back trying to turn a tractor in the snow. I'll take the clutch roulette any day to have the Alpha handling. Anyone hacking an AlphaDoo w 850 turbo front & monorail back?! :)

Premium Features