• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ARO3 cut outside lugs on track

M
Dec 9, 2007
Has anyone cut the outside lugs on their ARO3 track? I’ve searched everywhere and cannot find any information on how they handle with the cut track.

C
Apr 22, 2019
I don't think anyone has been willing to cut up a $1500+ track to find out.
The ARO 3 track works really well...and after coming off of a 2019 ARO 137 with the side cut track...I will never go back.

Just my .02 cents

Chris

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
If yeti doesn’t come out with a 3in track my next kit will be an aro 3.

I have a 3in shoehorned into a yeti now. Wide track, wide rails. Separate story, took a lot of work. Anyhow, I trimmed the lugs down on the sides of my 3in and it handles unreal. Highly recommend. I think it’s the best compromise to get some decent size lugs and also be super nimble on hardpack/trail.

I think my outer lugs edges are tapered down to 2.5 maybe 2.75. Would have to measure.

E
Dec 19, 2007
The cutting would be a compromise to help hard pack but in my opinion the 3 inch by design is a no compromise track for dedicated deep snow. The mfg didn't tapper it for a reason. But It's good to know you have the option to cut and not totally riun the deep performance.

Premium Features