• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ARO S or Riot S

D
Nov 18, 2016
Hello Everybody. I am a snowmobiler making the switch to a Timbersled this year. I plan on getting a Husqvarna FX450 but I am torn between the ARO S and Riot S. I am about 5 foot 7 and 160 pounds. I will be riding in Cascade Mountains in Washington State around Cle Elum / Salmon La Sac / Stampede Pass areas. Please share your thoughts if you have any.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I feel the riot is the choice. Super playful and will work well in your snow.

Sent from my SM-F900U using Tapatalk

C
Apr 22, 2019
There are multiple threads on Riot's with trenching problems...and almost no complaints on the 129 ARO platform...just something to consider.

Chris

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Riot is set up. I have ridden multiple riots with zero trenching issues installed on everything from 250 2 strokes to 450 4 strokes... just my 2 cents. I had an aro for most of last year and you can set it up wrong and trench also. Its just a balancing act on settings and riders ability.. I ended up using a shorter rear rod than spec on my 450sxf and the aro because I felt there was way to much ski pressure causing a trenching effect. Then it rode great. The 120s are going to take a more aggressive riding style no matter what.

E
Dec 19, 2007
Ignore the trenching complaints of the riot.its just a set up issue. The long swing arm on the riot can actual trench less then the aro with proper set up. Just decide if you want a longer track aro is the only choice. I predict the aro 120 won't even be an option next year. Only riots for short tracks.

S
Oct 23, 2019
Riot is the only option for short track(120") They do not make an ARO 120 anymore. The ARO S is only available in a 129" track. I work at a TS dealer in MT and have ridden them all. Its a tough choice. Early/ mid season when its deep and bottomless I would go ARO all day but when you get to the mid season with good base and even spring riding its Riot 100%. In the PNW with the heavy snow that has good base I would say RIOT. I had a riot LE last season on a 2020 Honda and rode the Riot S in island park at the TS demo and was impressed, it felt awesome. I will probably stick with my riot because Im 6 foot tall but if I were a couple inches shorter, definitely the S

L
Jan 6, 2020
Riot is the only option for short track(120") They do not make an ARO 120 anymore. The ARO S is only available in a 129" track. I work at a TS dealer in MT and have ridden them all. Its a tough choice. Early/ mid season when its deep and bottomless I would go ARO all day but when you get to the mid season with good base and even spring riding its Riot 100%. In the PNW with the heavy snow that has good base I would say RIOT. I had a riot LE last season on a 2020 Honda and rode the Riot S in island park at the TS demo and was impressed, it felt awesome. I will probably stick with my riot because Im 6 foot tall but if I were a couple inches shorter, definitely the S

Do you have an opinion on Riot vs Riot LE? I am building a setup now on a 2020 YZ450F but I missed SnowCheck and can only get the Riot base model. Do you think that is still a good option? Looking for a balanced setup that is fun for wheelies but can also climb when needed.

S
Oct 23, 2019
Do you have an opinion on Riot vs Riot LE? I am building a setup now on a 2020 YZ450F but I missed SnowCheck and can only get the Riot base model. Do you think that is still a good option? Looking for a balanced setup that is fun for wheelies but can also climb when needed.
I definitely like the LE better and even better the RIOT Velocity. I have Riot Velocity and RIOT LE kits available for sale in Bozeman MT. Not the end of the world getting the base model, you can always upgrade the shocks if you feel the need. I did not play with my setup much once I got it perfect so the clickers dont get used a ton but the shocks themselves on the LE are better than the base. Velocity is the best tho

D
Nov 18, 2016
Thanks everybody. I ended up ordering a Riot S LE. What about the install kits? There is the Suspension Strut Install Kit for $1000 and the fixed Fixed Strut for $300. Is the Suspension Strut worth the extra $700? I am thinking that I am already so many thousands invested what is another 700 :ROFLMAO:

S
Oct 23, 2019
Thanks everybody. I ended up ordering a Riot S LE. What about the install kits? There is the Suspension Strut Install Kit for $1000 and the fixed Fixed Strut for $300. Is the Suspension Strut worth the extra $700? I am thinking that I am already so many thousands invested what is another 700 :ROFLMAO:

Just get the regular fixed fit kit, the TSS is not totally necessary especially on the riot. I honestly almost like the riot with fixed strut better. My riot TSS had to much pressure in it with the new X tune that it hardly moved

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I really think the same... you are always adding air and is kind of a pain.. i dont know if the newly valved ones are better. But it does make trenching a little easier with the rear shock. If you are dropping big stuff its an advantage ...

Premium Features