• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aro 3 inch track

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Played on an Alpha a few weeks ago , that track is amazing , the mono rail allows the track to walk the terrain and goes places the longer skids go just as easily besides do other things the twin rails can't . The track the Aro 3 uses is quite unique because it does a very good job of climbing on top but you don't want to cross it's trench and has been used for few years now on their other machines , it's the worst for moutain track trenching but that doesn't seem to matter .

C
Sep 19, 2013
Lumby, BC
aro3 all the way! U wont regret it. Best decision i made!! I ride eastern Wa/ oregon with all types of varying snow Conditions. And dont let people tell u a stock 450 or 500 doesnt hav enough power to turn the 3.. just doo it!!

Awesome, that’s good to hear especially about the stock 450. I’m coming off a pretty tired ‘15 450xcf. It It will be good to try something other than the Camso 129, the jumps and drops are not kind to the ol girl.
Will go with a newer 450sx or XC-F with the Aro3 Velocity.... As long as I can keep working from now until the fall :).

M

MountainRider05

Nov 29, 2007
Kennewick,WA
Awesome, that’s good to hear especially about the stock 450. I’m coming off a pretty tired ‘15 450xcf. It It will be good to try something other than the Camso 129, the jumps and drops are not kind to the ol girl.
Will go with a newer 450sx or XC-F with the Aro3 Velocity.... As long as I can keep working from now until the fall :).

My dads running a 17.5 ktm 450 factory edition and im running a 15 husky fe501.. both bikes handle the kit great. I do feel like the kit might hav a slight better advantage with the wide ratio tranny. I did do a gearing change on the jackshaft sprocket and it was a awesome change. Never got around to doing it on my dads this year but will def do it next season!

D
Apr 25, 2019
WA
ARO3 will be my next kit. I could walk up a hill in powder at part throttle on a 129 ARO3 LE today. My lengthened RAW with 129 CMX track took full throttle and slowed enough I barely made several spots. Plus, he could rail the hard trail back to the truck!

Feb 23, 2019
Cheney Wa
I love my ARO 3 it works great on set up snow its just as good on hard pack as my SX kit. Oh and it out climbs my buddies CMX tracked RAW :cool: In my opinion cuttting that track would ruin it.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
April 5 virus ride . Hard trail for a 1/2 mile at 3600 ft altitude to 12" of blowing fluff at 6500 ft altitude that got wet by 3 pm, 2020 Ktm 450 now broken in with 3" ARO, now setup with stiffer springs, almost rock hard strut, worked great, I mean rides steers, climbs like a fool...........ok it was stupid good climbing, we went places you couldn't dream of in Feb, we try , ok, not conditions to say the 3" outclimbs, but a downside compared to Riot and 19 ARO as we swapped, nope/nada, foreget the nagative its a great track, before setup refinements two months ago the owner wasn't sure, no question now. For next year, the 3" drop and heat exchangers on that rascal.

Premium Features