• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic cat M7 reverse (video!)

M
Feb 1, 2016
Hello, any news about the reverse kit? I signed up to this forum because of this thread. I'm really intrested in getting one of those kits. It seems like you done a great job. I really hope you can sell a couple of them even if the sleds are getting old they are still really good snowmobiles. Specially the M-series.

flatspeed

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Sicamous, BC
Getting closer!

I've been stuck on an issue where it misfires at higher rpms, but I think I just figured that one out today, just revved to 8k in reverse!

I'm currently designing the pcb and will have a few prototypes made shortly.
I will be looking for testers soon too..need to know if it will work on m/f 5 and 6 as well as non-efi sleds..will start a new thread for that.

M
Feb 1, 2016
Sounds really good! Does it missfire in both directions? I mean, when do you reverse at 8000 rpm? :) I live in Sweden but I hope you are willing to send a box (or maybe a couple) overseas when it's ready. I really like the sled, the only bad thing about it is that it has no reverse.

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
How cheep do 09 M8's need to be ???? sell your M7 and pay the difference to get engine rev with a secondary that works in reverse.

Just saying, better everything , same great sled

flatspeed

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Sicamous, BC
Sounds really good! Does it missfire in both directions? I mean, when do you reverse at 8000 rpm? :) I live in Sweden but I hope you are willing to send a box (or maybe a couple) overseas when it's ready. I really like the sled, the only bad thing about it is that it has no reverse.

You never know, somebody else may want to ;)
The unit itself is tiny, about the same size as a power commander etc., I'd imagine shipping should be reasonable.

I really like my sled too, thats why I am doing this and not buying an 09+ m8. Kind of fun keeping up to friends' new 800's with my old 7!

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
How cheep do 09 M8's need to be ???? sell your M7 and pay the difference to get engine rev with a secondary that works in reverse.

Just saying, better everything , same great sled

Let's see. Maybe get 3 G's if your lucky for your M7. Then pay 4 something for an '09 M8. And not really better everything if you've already modded everything on your 7.
Just sayin'.

flatspeed

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Sicamous, BC
Another update:
I haven't had time to source an 09-11 m8 helix, so i ended up cutting the notches on my 06 helix to test the reverse (do not attempt unless you know what you are doing and preferably have access to a milling machine)

attachment.php

Here is a video of me backing it up. I have to redo the ignition mapping, as I tuned it without a belt, and then put a belt on and tried it. Also, ignore my busted up sled, she sailed off a huge cliff last year and needed to be helicoptered out. That being said, anyone have any stock m series plastics they'd trade for a reverse kit? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfeB4mYXM5U

IMG_8875.jpg

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
I want one for my 07 M1000!! I'm running a 2010 Diamond Drive and sure miss reverse at times. Love your dedication to getting it right.

Quinton

flatspeed

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Sicamous, BC
The first batch of printed circuit boards came in! Gearing up to make a few production units..
attachment.php

On an unrelated but related note, I was riding a '15 m8000 the other day, nice machine. Reverse was obviously a luxury. So was the 3.0" PC. Still prefer the old M sled for its rock solid sidehills, maybe I need more time on the proclimb chassis to really like it.. Either way I've now got reverse on the M7 and I'm pretty sure a 2.6 or 3" track will be the next mod..

IMG_8968.jpg

Last edited:

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
The first batch of printed circuit boards came in! Gearing up to make a few production units..

attachment.php

On an unrelated but related note, I was riding a '15 m8000 the other day, nice machine. Reverse was obviously a luxury. So was the 3.0" PC. Still prefer the old M sled for its rock solid sidehills, maybe I need more time on the proclimb chassis to really like it.. Either way I've now got reverse on the M7 and I'm pretty sure a 2.6 or 3" track will be the next mod..

You are a genius!
Let me know when you are ready to market,I know a few people that will be interested!
Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Another update:

I haven't had time to source an 09-11 m8 helix, so i ended up cutting the notches on my 06 helix to test the reverse (do not attempt unless you know what you are doing and preferably have access to a milling machine)

attachment.php

Here is a video of me backing it up. I have to redo the ignition mapping, as I tuned it without a belt, and then put a belt on and tried it. Also, ignore my busted up sled, she sailed off a huge cliff last year and needed to be helicoptered out. That being said, anyone have any stock m series plastics they'd trade for a reverse kit? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfeB4mYXM5U

I have all the plastic except a good hood for M7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chevyman71

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2010
m7 reverse

I take it that it plugs into the ecm.If I have a power commander is this going to work with that. I have a 07 m6 with a rk tek 800 big bore. I would like to get rid of the mech reverse.
Thanks

flatspeed

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Sicamous, BC
I take it that it plugs into the ecm.If I have a power commander is this going to work with that. I have a 07 m6 with a rk tek 800 big bore. I would like to get rid of the mech reverse.
Thanks

Should be non-conflicting with the power commander, this unit piggybacks the ignition sensor near the flywheel, as well as the fuel pump for power. All plug and play, no splicing required.

As far as the '07 m6, some things may have changed between 06 and 07, so I may need some more info from you to make the programming changes to the ignition map.

Premium Features