• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat is far less represented than Skidoo and Polaris, discussion

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
Polaris reveal last night..... Polaris just stays giving people exactly what they want haha. We'll see what cat does in a couple days I guess.

and before the 'ohhh why don't you just buy a polaris' comments come in, why shouldn't cat be compared to Polaris, or doo for that matter? After all, those are the two companies that cat is competing with

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
With Polaris doing what they did last night, Cat is officially in a really tough spot. It seems like maybe they just don't have the horses to compete anymore. I REALLY don't want them to go out of business though because in the last 4 years they have brought us both the zr200 and the blast - the best kids sleds the industry has seen in a long time.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
cat has had a lot of features for years that otheres are just starting to put on as standard but they dont get hyped. no tunnel cooler, factor tether, powdercoated tunnel 3 and or 3.5 inch pitch track, shorter tunnel than axys, center mount pull start, roller bearing primary clutch, anti stab kit, real extrovert drivers, etc. but if you read anywhere its like its still a M8.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
cat has had a lot of features for years that otheres are just starting to put on as standard but they dont get hyped. no tunnel cooler, factor tether, powdercoated tunnel 3 and or 3.5 inch pitch track, shorter tunnel than axys, center mount pull start, roller bearing primary clutch, anti stab kit, real extrovert drivers, etc. but if you read anywhere its like its still a M8.
Cat has always had some good features, but the overall package lacks in relation to the other brands. Its still on the same chassis from 2012 and its still an 800. Both Doo and Poo have had an 850 for years, and now both have turbos. Cat has officially fallen WAY behind.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
yeah, the drivers are a big one. was thinking of that since they added a turbo and a took away a drive tooth on that poor center driver track. issues there i bet for guys who dont keep a close eye on things.
cat numbers- do a search of number of dealers of each brand, relate that to what you see.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
yeah, the drivers are a big one. was thinking of that since they added a turbo and a took away a drive tooth on that poor center driver track. issues there i bet for guys who dont keep a close eye on things.
cat numbers- do a search of number of dealers of each brand, relate that to what you see.
If you are referring to the new Poo there will be extroverts on the 2022

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
The title of this thread is going to have even more meaning by this time next year as cat loses more market share by being stale in the industry with a 10 year old chassis and not keeping up with the times in other areas of the product

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
thought there would be more than that. didnt expect a new chassis but maybe a new hood/intake, a belt drive. easy ways to drop a few lbs and get people interested. unless the new sleds are 13500 or so i'll buy a used one this year.

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
thought there would be more than that. didnt expect a new chassis but maybe a new hood/intake, a belt drive. easy ways to drop a few lbs and get people interested. unless the new sleds are 13500 or so i'll buy a used one this year.

Don’t forget running boards lol, but if they would have made those changes and came out with a bigger bore or boost they would be staying current. By the time they come out with this in the next year or two they will be years behind in market their product and clawing back lost market share

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Lynx could very well outsell Cat in the mountain segment for '22
The 60th anniversary reveal was so sad that it's very possible that Lynx could out sell cat next winter!!
Arcticat if your reading this I'd seriously consider coming out with something seriously impressive in the next 6 months.
60th anniversary should have something very special in the reveal.
You've missed a special opportinity here!!!

Last edited:

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
It won't. The demo here hasn't gotten one good review.
Lynx could very well outsell Cat in the mountain segment for '22
They won't. There has been very little good said about the demo that is floating around here. Only good thing I have heard is that the rear skid works well. POS has been thrown around a lot in reviews. And it doesn't run right. Some are blaming break-in mode, but every one of my 18x Etecs have run strong out of the gate. Some are guessing that it has low elevation clutching in it. Seems like that would be pretty easy to check. Add to that parts availability, and no-go for me. This may be the only place around where there are a ton of Cats? LOTS of them here. I am trying to get the Lynx next week for a rip, hopefully I can amend this, based on the amazing Doos I have this year. Will see.

D
Jan 2, 2009
Coquitlam, BC
The title of this thread is going to have even more meaning by this time next year as cat loses more market share by being stale in the industry with a 10 year old chassis and not keeping up with the times in other areas of the product
Agree with lots of points, but that 10 year old chassis hangs very well with both of the other chassis. If you don't agree, you haven't ridden with an Alpha. Anything technical, the Alpha is one of the best chassis.

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
Agree with lots of points, but that 10 year old chassis hangs very well with both of the other chassis. If you don't agree, you haven't ridden with an Alpha. Anything technical, the Alpha is one of the best chassis.

Oh I agree it’s a good chassis, but to be a competitive company you need to stay fresh and current. Like I said earlier or in other posts, low hanging fruit like 1 of the other 2 running boards they already design just put the ****ing things on especially the tube ones they make the chassis more rigid witch I like. And redo the tank of a hood and snow sucking intake. If not belt drive then dump at least 10# somewhere. This is easy stuff of your gonna keep the skeleton the same for longer

Premium Features