• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

anyone ride in NH/vt/me have after market exhaust?

R
Apr 18, 2009
Hello all.

I've been riding for years, and the past 4 years all my riding has been outwest. I previously picked up a sled at the end of last season with hopes of modding it this summer. So it was news to me there were noise laws for pipes/cans for sleds. I had a SLP Single pipe and can on my RMK 800, I was hoping to do the same on my REV. is this going to be too loud? what are people running? do you really get hassles by the snopolice? Going to be riding in white mtns NH, and some trips to Pittsburn, and ME as well. any help would be great!

Adam

D
Apr 2, 2008
You will be all set SLP stuff is really not that much louder than stock you will be fine I run louder exhaust setups and never any problems but then again I am most of the time in the back woods but i just be smart coming into towns for gas just incase

bparks

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Evergreen, Co
loud pipes

i have two buddys that ride revs with pipe and can they both got tickets in pittsburg nh last year thats why we ride maine more . the only thing new hampshire cares about is the can so you can still use pipes . the noise laws are even worse in vermont and so are the tickets

bparks

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Evergreen, Co
loud pipes

i think it was 150 in new hampshire and 300 in vermont but maine realy could care less

S.Diddy

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2008
Park City, UT
Absolutely do not put on a pipe if you ride in NH and don't want a nice ticket. My little bro got a ticket in north conway this year and didn't even have an after market pipe! The fish and game said because his motor was a 440 that "it had to be an aftermarket pipe". These morons don't even have enough snowmobile knowledge to make an accurate assessment. His friend with him had a rev with an slp can and got a ticket too. They are setting up checkpoints all over the state because they are so low on funding and need to show that fish and game is worth having around. Just beware, if you have a pipe in NH they will get you. Maine is the only place left. All my friends with modded sleds only register and ride there now.

L
Dec 6, 2008
i live in maine and ride in the northern part (aroostook county). i have an old xcr trip w/ trip SLP pipes. i haven't gotten a ticket yet ($150 area), but i have gotten a warning. i have a friend w/ hauck growlers on his srx that is crazy loud and he talked his way out of 2 tickets this last season. another friend has a similar story with his rev that he has a snow stuff can on. from my experiences and talking to others, the wardens this season were kinda reluctant to give out tickets, but they were getting more strick as the season went on. both of the times i was stopped it was at an inspection point. EVERYONE pulls in, pops the cowl and gets a reg. check. they had one warden doing nothing but inspecting pipes. as told by wardens, law states no exhaust mods what-so-ever, and yes SLP does proudly put its label on its pipes, OR must be under 78 db @ 50ft. most aftermarket pipes have labels on them. here its pretty much if they can prove its been modified. like the hauck growlers have no label on them, and the wardens didn't have a db meter on them, so the guy w/ the srx was able to get out of a ticket cause the wardens couldn't prove he changed anything. i would say if you want to run something different, do it, and if you are going to be doing alot of trail riding on any given day, swap the stock can back on.... takes like 5 min.

S
Mar 20, 2008
Boondocks, ME
Yeah i ride maine, and im in the market for an aftermarket exhaust. But i read the rule book and it said that it had to be under 78 db @ 50ft. SO if they give you a ticket for any mods at all you can probably fight it.

C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
I ride in northern nh and maine,I have the slp pipe and can on my 07d7 sled and have had no problems. When I do go into towns for fuel I just dont get on it. I've seen plenty of riders getting tickets for exhaust as I was filling up. Where i ride though I have never seen fish and game out there.

tripplethret

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2008
You guys better think twice before comming to Maine this year with loud exhaust, the Wardens are cracking down and more tickets will given out. Loud pipes close trails!

L
Aug 29, 2008
CT
Anyone know how loud SLP 2007 is. I would like to put on a slp but don't want to get tickets. Up in Island Pond VT I was up there almost every week end and only saw the snowpo once and they only made sure i had stickers.

Premium Features