• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone ridden Wolf Creek Road to Mill Hollow recently

B
I'm planning (hoping) to go riding this Saturday, taking off from the parking lot on Wolf Creek Road southeast of Kamas and heading up toward Mill Hollow. Has anyone been there recently (in the past week or so)? Given the weather of late, I'm a little concerned about potentially running into bare asphalt on the Wolf Creek road, beyond the gate. Thanks.

J

JohnnyQuestUtah

Oct 30, 2008
Union Bench, Utah
heres a pic from last sunday 3-17-13, it was taken bout 2 miles below the
6597_541950765826569_1663166052_n.jpg
parking lot,, you should be good to go :)

B
Thanks for the clarification -- the picture threw me because I assumed it was on the main road, which not only didn't look familiar but shouldn't have had snow on it. Makes sense now. Looks like we won't have a problem!

G

gijoe

Feb 14, 2011
Utah
Thanks for the info, I was wondering the same thing myself. Weather is supposed to clear up Monday.

B
Just FYI for anyone still interested. We did ride on Saturday. The snow conditions were quite good, with some areas having 12"-18" of new snow on top of a pretty solid base. Pretty much a point-and-shoot day in most areas. The road still had snow on it. However, on the way back our skis were cutting down to the asphalt on some areas of the road starting about half a mile above the gate. So I would say that the next couple of days might be the last chance to access that area.

On a lower note, my sled threw a drive chain (we think) about half way through the day. There were just two of us, and by the time we figured out exactly where we were and the best path to tow the sled out, the second sled was running low on gas. So we decided to leave the broken sled instead of risking running out of gas and having to stay the night. We're going to take a few people up tomorrow to try and retrieve the sled. As I said, this is the last opportunity to get up there, so it's now or never.

Chief

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
SL,UT
Sunday the 7th Rode from the junction of the Wolf Creek and Soapstone pass road around to cold spring. Then to Silver Meadow but took the Phelps trail to the bottom and then back to the pass. Went almond the ridge to the top of Mill Hollow the to tower via the back meadows. Completed the loop back down Mill Hollow and back to the Soapstone road.

Lots of snow.. Go find it!

Premium Features