• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone ridden a pro with the series 6 2.6 track?

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
do you run complete axys driveshaft or just 7 tooth sprocket
I swapped shafts because a guy on here wanted 8 tooths on his axys. So we traded straight across. But you could just swap drivers.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
i rode my pro with an axys shaft 7 tooth drivers and the new 2.6 track yesterday.
marginal snow conditions, but in some of the deep pockets, it did seem to hook up better. definitely need more snow and seat time to get a good evaluation.

did notice my speedo was way off...:face-icon-small-dis

Loudhandle can fix you up with a speedo correction unit, works great on mine.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Thanks im really leaning towards to 2.6 since i just put in a axys driveshaft with 7 tooth drivers and ive read its lighter but havent seen any numbers. I wish that 3" polaris track was the right pitch but understand why its not. The x3 or a powerclaw 2.6 was on my list to do this year but the release of the polaris 2.6 has me second guessing. And obviously the 3.2 wont fit without a drop and roll.

Ya. The alumium hex quickdrive shaft comes with standard 2.86 polaris drivers. The 3" track axys comes with a steel shaft with 7 tooth 3" pitch drivers. Interesting gee wiz thing i noticed on the axys shaft was the center driver cogs are wider than the pro shaft. Id imagine because the the 7 tooth drivers would have less contact on the track, so maybe the wider center driver lessens the chance of ratcheting

i rode my pro with an axys shaft 7 tooth drivers and the new 2.6 track yesterday.
marginal snow conditions, but in some of the deep pockets, it did seem to hook up better. definitely need more snow and seat time to get a good evaluation.

did notice my speedo was way off...:face-icon-small-dis

Correct. 2.6" on stock drivers will have .1" more clearance than a 3" with 7 tooth drivers.

Only need the anti stab when running the 7 tooth drivers or extroverts. Not needed with stock drivers.

I swapped shafts because a guy on here wanted 8 tooths on his axys. So we traded straight across. But you could just swap drivers.

So, I am not 100% clear on this one thing and I need to know as I am planning on putting 7 tooth 2.86 non-extrovert drivers onto my wife's 2013 600 Pro:

Do you have to run antistab with 7 tooth 2.86 pitch on a PRO chassis? Planning on swapping in an Axys 7-tooth 2.86 shaft to gear down the 600 and get better snow / tunnel clearance.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
So, I am not 100% clear on this one thing and I need to know as I am planning on putting 7 tooth 2.86 non-extrovert drivers onto my wife's 2013 600 Pro:

Do you have to run antistab with 7 tooth 2.86 pitch on a PRO chassis? Planning on swapping in an Axys 7-tooth 2.86 shaft to gear down the 600 and get better snow / tunnel clearance.

You do NOT need to run antistab rollers ... you only have to run antistab if you run combo Avid drivers and trim the rails.

You can run ANY of the Shafts from the 2016 AXYS-mtn sleds, chain or belt drive, on your 2013 PRO with the QuickDrive belt drive.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
There's some good reviews on the snow and mud site also. They also mentioned having the track broke in.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
Have a 2.6 I a pro with 7 tooth. After it broke in a bit I am really digging it, has more traction than the 2.4 for sure

i agree.

there have been many times i think i would have been stuck with the 2.4. downhill braking seem to be better as well
still feel the 2.6 power claw is better though

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I finally had my 2.6pc in the mountains, really dig it. Much better than the 2.25pc and I felt it had an edge over the 2.4.

3" pc is going in this weekend :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Has it been given any thought for track approach angle switching over to the 7 tooth drivers?
Additionally;Years ago and still today keeping the track the same circumference front and rear always equaled to less rolling resistance= More HP to the ground
Not long ago big wheels in the rear were keeping the track angle more flat coming off the rail
(less bending and binding of the track) and now it's going the other way:juggle:
Just thinking out load......

Gearing down using 7 tooth by Polaris in 2016 was a better excuse to not to have to have a lot of QD gear options..
Have a 2015 and 2016 8 tooth vs 7 tooth and the approach angle is noticeable.

S/C

2Quickrides

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2012
Edmonton
Has it been given any thought for track approach angle switching over to the 7 tooth drivers?
Additionally;Years ago and still today keeping the track the same circumference front and rear always equaled to less rolling resistance= More HP to the ground
Not long ago big wheels in the rear were keeping the track angle more flat coming off the rail
(less bending and binding of the track) and now it's going the other way:juggle:
Just thinking out load......
Gearing down using 7 tooth by Polaris in 2016 was a better excuse to not to have to have a lot of QD gear options..
Have a 2015 and 2016 8 tooth vs 7 tooth and the approach angle is noticeable.
S/C

I've decided to finally find out which is better. Right now everyone comparing ends up changing the effective ratio when they swap the drivers.
I've got a 2.6 on the sled now with the 8 tooth and a TKI with 2.25. I'm installing a 2.42 and clutching, then will install 7 tooth and 2.10 (same effective ratio) and see what the difference is between tunnel efficiency and rolling resistance/approach angle.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
3.2 fitment

Thanks im really leaning towards to 2.6 since i just put in a axys driveshaft with 7 tooth drivers and ive read its lighter but havent seen any numbers. I wish that 3" polaris track was the right pitch but understand why its not. The x3 or a powerclaw 2.6 was on my list to do this year but the release of the polaris 2.6 has me second guessing. And obviously the 3.2 wont fit without a drop and roll.

Has anyone tried to install a 3.2 with 7 tooth avids on a 2015, are we sure it wont fit?

hontri

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I have 4 rides on my pro with the series 6 2.6". Much better hook up in the deep compared to the 2.4". It throws a heck of a rooster tail out the back. Now for the part that ain't so good. The track seems to throw almost all the snow out the back so when on hard pack or limited amounts of snow the engine runs noticeably hotter. The 2.4" cools better. Sled has 2.41 gearing and is clutched well. All testing was done with only changing the track.(ambient temp and snow depth were the same). I will have to just take it easy on the trail cause the 2.6 is worth it in the deep IMO.

F

fast8seccamaro

Oct 22, 2010
Thorsby Alberta
I know this thread is about the polaris 2.6" track but I installed a cat PC 2.6" track on a 15 pro 163" with 8 tooth 3" drivers, anti stab and cut stock rails. It works awesome, had 4 pros out there this weekend and everyone was impressed. It cost me about $1000 canadian for a brand new take off PC 2.6" and drivers and I'll be selling my stock Track and hopfully drivers to help offset the cost. Real nice upgrade

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Yup, ran my 2.6 pc last season and this season also. Putting a 3" pc on this weekend, should be great!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

N
Jan 1, 2012
Eastern Oregon
I have 4 rides on my pro with the series 6 2.6". Much better hook up in the deep compared to the 2.4". It throws a heck of a rooster tail out the back. Now for the part that ain't so good. The track seems to throw almost all the snow out the back so when on hard pack or limited amounts of snow the engine runs noticeably hotter. The 2.4" cools better. Sled has 2.41 gearing and is clutched well. All testing was done with only changing the track.(ambient temp and snow depth were the same). I will have to just take it easy on the trail cause the 2.6 is worth it in the deep IMO.

If you haven't yet, check out the "$28 mod" for the thermostat. It works insanely well!

Premium Features