• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

anyone put a suspension drop on a 2001 rmk?

T

tahoermk

Nov 26, 2007
Tahoe
I am looking for guidance and suggestions on what size or wheather or not to put a suspension drop bracket to get a lil more travel out of my 2001 rmk 700. Is it worth it/ usefull. What are the benefits and or drawbacks? I be new to this s#$@.Thanks for any input!!

T
Nov 27, 2007
I don't think drop brackets give your suspension any more travel, they just relocate your mounting points. From my limited experience, this was done more commonly on the older sleds to gain additional tunnel clearance for a paddle track or to drop the skidframe down below the tunnel, I think it was supposed to help in deeper snow conditions. For more travel you may be able to move your rear scissor mounting location. Many skids have extra holes for that purpose.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Heber City, Utah
Drill out the pilot hole that is already in the stock bracket and put it there. Go any lower you get to much ski weight and it really screws up the floation. Been there done that.

Premium Features