• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone of you try this stuff? Boost Oxygen

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
looked at it at the gas stations, and have always planned on trying it. Should help those of us more accustomed to the lower elevations.

jdrmx

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2013
Eastern SD
I use it all the time. I consider myself in decent shape but a hard stuck at 10000' anybody can use a boost. I keep it in the compartment behind the seat. Yes it does work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
There are lots of articles that say it's a waste of money. Here's one excerpt:

Unfortunately, it’s worth noting that the connection between supplemental oxygen and recovery is disputed. In particular, multiple studies on male athletes have found that “using 100 precent oxygen applied for short periods offers no advantage on recovery from exhaustive exercise or on subsequent exercise performance,” reported The Journal of the American Medical Association.

Jack Pine Savage

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
I tried it for first time last season and coming from MN usually had a the elevation headache after the first day of riding. If it was a placebo effect or reality either way I didn't get the usual headache.

Premium Features