• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone know what Cat Care Covers?

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Had 2 rollers go bad on my old 18 my buddy bought from me 1210mi. My dealer is saying the last warranty claim he filed under cat care for a primary got denied. I've never had a Cat care claim for a primary get denied in the past. So wondering if Cat Care changed what they cover, or if they are just full of $hit...

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I’ve never had an issue getting cat care to cover anything. Depends on how hard your dealer wants to work for you. We all used to have a champion dealer that would help us but sadly that ship has sailed
Le Sigh...

C
Nov 19, 2009
cat care is garbage alot of the dealers in canada dont even offer it. they tried to deny a claim due to having a wrap on, and i heard of another due to different rails. the warranty was clutches exploding and engine going

F
Dec 20, 2017
Qc
I just had to claim a primary this week on my 18 mtn cat and the dealer told me that cat care doesn’t cover the clutches... my service man claim something else to get the money he needs i think....but he got me a new primary!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Yup those a$$holes denied the warranty saying the rollers are a wear item. What a bunch of fvcking theives. If you cant replace that wear item then it should be a warranty claim. Glad I didnt pay $1400 for cat care on both my 19s. Will just pay for the parts. What does cat care even cover then? Engine and ecu?

full

Last edited:

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
Yup those a$$holes denied the warranty saying the rollers are a wear item. What a bunch of fvcking theives. If you cant replace that wear item then it should be a warranty claim. Glad I didnt pay $1400 for cat care on both my 19s. Will just pay for the parts. What does cat care even cover then? Engine and ecu?

full

Total joke - where is the scheduled service maintenance chart in the manual for the primary rollers or the Primary clutch?? These are serviceable now? Does Cat even make a service kit for these? Didn't think so...servicing means buy new I guess...

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
I do see there's a spider roller rebuild kit for $150 on the aftermarket. Cheaper than a new clutch or new spider anyway. Cat only has a complete spider on their parts fiche that I see for $250.

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
She is at a dealership in south fork co. They sell ski-doo and I think cat too

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Their website is messed up right now but here is their FB page. Michelle and Randy bought this and took over recently.

Premium Features