• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone hearing about 2022 build delays?

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
So on the missing ECU topic…

I sure hope they protect the plug that connects to it somehow while it’s dangling there disconnected. The last thing any of us want/need is corrosion on those sensitive terminals leading to all sorts of hard-to-diagnose intermittent issues down the road.
Way to go Trashy. You had to go and say it....

turbo800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Northern,UT
So they will sit out in the yard in the sun, wind and rain? Wonder if they will look as bad as my sled does after it comes back from service at my dealership after they leave it in their yard for a week waiting for parts? I can't imagine they will have them crated up just to uncrate to finish the build, but I could be wrong?
No, they put them in their crates when they go out to the yard. When its time to rework them, open the crates back up and do the work needed.
This usually isn't a problem as long as the guy doing the work has the same quality standards as the folks on the assembly line.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
No, they put them in their crates when they go out to the yard. When its time to rework them, open the crates back up and do the work needed.
This usually isn't a problem as long as the guy doing the work has the same quality standards as the folks on the assembly line.
In other words, LOOK it over good. ?

S
Sep 13, 2021
Ontario
Talked to my dealer today. Says he has 50 sleds in crates waiting on parts . Chips, premium gauges, and other parts. Spring ordered my machine for September delivery. Sales Manager tells me they have no idea when my sled will show up. Only “we’re all in this together “ and “BRP is trying to have orders out by the time the snow flys”.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I am confused. BRP is shipping sleds without parts in order to get them to dealers. They cannot ship thousands of sleds at one time once the parts show up. Once the parts are available, they ship them, the dealer installs them, they file a claim to get reimbursed for labor. My dealer has a bunch of the sleds sitting on the floor without gauges. Doesn't look real good, but they are not sitting out in the sun. There is no crating and uncrating at the factory. Once the sleds are built and crated they are shipped. Without whatever parts they may need later.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Yes. So far so good. I ordered my high elevation clutching from BRP, it is here except for the pins, they are coming from a different warehouse. My riser that was supposed to come off backorder on 8/25 is here. All I am missing is a set of toe hooks for Tater's sled. Going to pick up 2 or 3 cases of oil here asap. Dealer ran out last year. I was FREAKING OUT until I dug around at my shop and found 2 unopened gallons, lol.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
lets hope we all get LUCKY
I really don't think we will have a problem. Worst business move ever would be to not be able to deliver snowchecks. I am sure BRP was realistic about what they could deliver. I would be very nervous if I were a Poo guy though. They had to ship sleds without shocks last year, and this year they did SO much, I cannot see it panning out. I will have a lot of respect for them if they can pull it off though. I think that Cat was smart in what they did: Pull everything new except for the clutch and save it for next year, when they know that they can do it. I mean, what Cat is doing next year makes Polaris' lineup look easy to deliver!

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Dealer here has some snow checks sitting in crates that they cant open intill the ecm and gauges come in. No date for when the parts will come in. They weren’t to positive it would be before January .

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Dealer here has some snow checks sitting in crates that they cant open intill the ecm and gauges come in. No date for when the parts will come in. They weren’t to positive it would be before January .
Why can't they open and assemble them? My dealer has something like 120 plus checks to build, they have to start now.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
I really don't think we will have a problem. Worst business move ever would be to not be able to deliver snowchecks. I am sure BRP was realistic about what they could deliver. I would be very nervous if I were a Poo guy though. They had to ship sleds without shocks last year, and this year they did SO much, I cannot see it panning out. I will have a lot of respect for them if they can pull it off though. I think that Cat was smart in what they did: Pull everything new except for the clutch and save it for next year, when they know that they can do it. I mean, what Cat is doing next year makes Polaris' lineup look easy to deliver!
i hope you're right but the fact that there are missing parts on shipped sleds means BRP couldn't or didn't foresee that (who could?) which logically means this could happen again with the needed parts.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I really don't think we will have a problem. Worst business move ever would be to not be able to deliver snowchecks. I am sure BRP was realistic about what they could deliver
And yet.
BRP has absolutely NO CONTROL whatsoever about unforseen aditional SHUTDOWNS in China/Taiwan where the electronics are likely produced.
They could have been very conservative and still get blown out of the water.

I HOPE that is not the case.
But just look at the Auto Manufacturers.
They are DYING..

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
My neighbor works for micron. The prices for chips has gone up considerably, and manufacturers are fighting over them. Not really fighting, but trying to get them over other manufacturers. I am pretty sure that micron in Boise builds them in-house? I can ask her.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
My neighbor works for micron. The prices for chips has gone up considerably, and manufacturers are fighting over them. Not really fighting, but trying to get them over other manufacturers. I am pretty sure that micron in Boise builds them in-house? I can ask her.
Nope, Christopher is correct. All of them come from China.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I copied this from a FB conversation we just had.

Yeah everything is in China/Singapore, Taiwan. We used to have it here but they moved all the equipment, so here is mostly engineering and business operations.

Enter

Well, China is way better than us right now, very little Covid, all vaccinated, all masked. No one is protesting like here. Hospitals are not overwhelmed. So I don’t see a problem with the chips.

Enter

Taiwan is more problem than China, they close up for outbreaks

Enter

But depends who they buy from. Because most likely they don’t buy the chips direct from Micron, it’s a reseller that buys from us most likely.

Premium Features