• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone hearing about 2022 build delays?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
We opened his crate today, missing gauge and gauge pod. Was told that they may be sending older style gauge to use until the regular ones are available. Which makes sense, as the plastic mounting plate was missing also. DESS post and ECU are there. His VIN number is 0001, lol. Was hoping that being the first build of that model, it would be complete.
Shame.
Was kinda hoping it wasn't going to come down to that.
But that appears to be how manufacturing is going in 2021.
What a huge pain in the butt this is going to be for Doo and for us.

Was that a 600 Summit??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So word on the street is that Doo IS shipping INCOMPLETE SLEDS to its dealers.
They may each be missing one or more parts that they hope to ship to the dealer for per-delivery installation before the season begins.

All things considered, this really isn't that big of a deal.
Just so long as the MISSING PARTS actually do show up in time to be installed prior to delivery and BEFORE the season begins.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
All sleds are test run before being shipped, SOP for all OEMs. So, for ECUs, DESS, etc., are parts swapped in for the startup, or...

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
All sleds are test run before being shipped, SOP for all OEMs. So, for ECUs, DESS, etc., are parts swapped in for the startup, or...
That is a very good point. I bet they have a station where everything is quick plugged in to test. Kinda seems like they would need to do the final test on a completed sled though, with the sled's parts. I bet any warranty issues relating to missing parts after being installed is going to be a s-show.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Doo is just prepping us for removing more stuff from their sleds to sell back to us as accessories. It's their favorite business model!

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
They may each be missing one or more parts that they hope to ship to the dealer for per-delivery installation before the season begins.

Just so long as the MISSING PARTS actually do show up in time to be installed prior to delivery and BEFORE the season begins.
that's good news for anyone selling a used sled.
i wonder if there's any variation on models in terms of which ones will be shipped incomplete or order of snow check or???

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Ya I see no sign of the used market letting up anytime soon.

Sleds are holding their value like NEVER BEFORE in recent history!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
yep, i'm debating when to sell my '20 freeride. don't wanna be stuck without a sled if my snow check either doesn't show up or is inoperable. the SHOT start failed last season but i may sell it without it getting fixed because it's still under warranty and i don't want my sled sitting outside at the dealer waiting on parts.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca

It worked well for Polaris last season when they couldn't get enough shocks. Everybody I know got their sleds before the season started. Makes for some nervous customers and ridicule from the nay-sayers but in the end it was no big deal for most. The worst part might be for dealers that have to store sleds for their customers until all the parts come. Then it will be a frantic race to get them assembled and out the door.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
yep, i'm debating when to sell my '20 freeride. don't wanna be stuck without a sled if my snow check either doesn't show up or is inoperable. the SHOT start failed last season but i may sell it without it getting fixed because it's still under warranty and i don't want my sled sitting outside at the dealer waiting on parts.
I am not selling both of mine until I have the new ones complete and running.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
It worked well for Polaris last season when they couldn't get enough shocks. Everybody I know got their sleds before the season started. Makes for some nervous customers and ridicule from the nay-sayers but in the end it was no big deal for most. The worst part might be for dealers that have to store sleds for their customers until all the parts come. Then it will be a frantic race to get them assembled and out the door.
Agreed. Not going to look good with a showroom full of gaugeless sleds.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
I am not selling both of mine until I have the new ones complete and running.
that's a wise move but i think i screwed myself on that option with the old lady. i just bought a stand up jet ski with a race engine in it (been riding these for decades in the surf ) so i doubt i can hang on to the sled along with the new one.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
that's a wise move but i think i screwed myself on that option with the old lady. i just bought a stand up jet ski with a race engine in it (been riding these for decades in the surf ) so i doubt i can hang on to the sled along with the new one.
I can't either. I sell my last years to buy the new ones. If I have to hold onto one until the new ones get here, that leaves me cash poor to get the new one. What ski you get? I bought a 650SX last year, blown up, but I have an STS in the yard with a good 750 twin carb. Never got around to building it this summer.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
same here plus i typically spend another 1k or so on accessories-spare belt, new grips, tunnel top protector, clutch kit although i can use my current ibackshift kit in the new sled, etc.
i picked up an 800 SXR which Kawi got right in terms of a hull that carves easily, it blew me away in that regard and i've been on every stand up hull made from 82 till now. downside though is that it's heavy and tricks are a little harder to pull off. the motor's bored to an 850, girdled cylinder, kommander high compression head, water box, factory b pipe, lightweight charging flywheel, rick roy handle pole-chin pad-steering components, skat trak impeller, and a few other things. i have to run a 50/50 mix of race gas and pump gas which is a hassle but the power is excellent.
the rickter is my buddy's and is next level to say the least. super lightweight and a 1000cc high output engine. love to have one but they're 25K+. closest thing you can get to having a magic carpet under your feet.

Attachments

• IMG-3804.jpg
    IMG-3804.jpg
    636.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG-3805.jpg
    IMG-3805.jpg
    652.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG-3789.jpg
    IMG-3789.jpg
    821.8 KB · Views: 42

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
same here plus i typically spend another 1k or so on accessories-spare belt, new grips, tunnel top protector, clutch kit although i can use my current ibackshift kit in the new sled, etc.
i picked up an 800 SXR which Kawi got right in terms of a hull that carves easily, it blew me away in that regard and i've been on every stand up hull made from 82 till now. downside though is that it's heavy and tricks are a little harder to pull off. the motor's bored to an 850, girdled cylinder, kommander high compression head, water box, factory b pipe, lightweight charging flywheel, rick roy handle pole-chin pad-steering components, skat trak impeller, and a few other things. i have to run a 50/50 mix of race gas and pump gas which is a hassle but the power is excellent.
the rickter is my buddy's and is next level to say the least. super lightweight and a 1000cc high output engine. love to have one but they're 25K+. closest thing you can get to having a magic carpet under your feet.
#jealous! Lol. Mile High is going to see about selling Krash skis.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
i like krash's footrocket. i may pick up one at some point and they seem to have the bugs worked out of them.

Premium Features