• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone hearing about 2022 build delays?

KMorgan

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2011
Read that BRP is also stuck in the chip shortage. Any insights to how this will affect 2022 production?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
For example, BRP is producing Ski-Doos at its assembly plant in Valcourt, Que. Boisjoli says that on some days, snowmobiles are being assembled without a part or two, and then put in the yard to await a retrofit that he expects will happen in the fall.

"So we decided to build everything that we know we have an order for and try to deliver the vehicles on time for the riding season...
We're targeting to honour every order that we have from consumers and dealers, but making our life a little bit more complicated with the retrofits."

BRP operates its assembly plants on a just-in-time manufacturing model, meaning it does not typically hold onto a stockpile of parts through production. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, companies around the world that use this model have been challenged amid supply chain strains and part shortages. Boisjoli says the company will evaluate its manufacturing approach when operations return to normal.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
So they will sit out in the yard in the sun, wind and rain? Wonder if they will look as bad as my sled does after it comes back from service at my dealership after they leave it in their yard for a week waiting for parts? I can't imagine they will have them crated up just to uncrate to finish the build, but I could be wrong?

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
So they will sit out in the yard in the sun, wind and rain? Wonder if they will look as bad as my sled does after it comes back from service at my dealership after they leave it in their yard for a week waiting for parts? I can't imagine they will have them crated up just to uncrate to finish the build, but I could be wrong?
Yes, they will left outside in the heat of Mexico all summer, and hauled without a crate through the salted roads of the Rocky Mountain passes. Then they sit outside in the Vancouver soaking rain.
Then, and only then will they go and sit outside at your dealer. Bahahahaha

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Yes, they will left outside in the heat of Mexico all summer, and hauled without a crate through the salted roads of the Rocky Mountain passes. Then they sit outside in the Vancouver soaking rain.
Then, and only then will they go and sit outside at your dealer. Bahahahaha
Are not all the sleds made in Quebec?

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Are not all the sleds made in Quebec?
No. But even if they were, they would driven on the salted streets of Quebec. No cleaning afterwards. This is healthy for the bearings, decals and clutches.
You getting a clapped out, salted, sunburnt, decaying sled. Hahaha!

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
It'll be interesting to see how this affects their ability to deliver on time.
They don’t care. Only game in town that can deliver sleds in quantity. They got more than 60 percent new riders addicted so old, knowledgeable customers are not relevant. Haha

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
They don’t care. Only game in town that can deliver sleds in quantity. They got more than 60 percent new riders addicted so old, knowledgeable customers are not relevant. Haha

From what I seen last winter, this is bang on. This winter will be even worse with the new riders. The p&ssy filter selection will have to be more creative to prevent followers.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
When we snochecked Tater's Summit 600, we had a choice of delivery dates: July or somewhere between September and November. We went early, just in case. No choice of dates on the Freeride or Summit. I am thinking of ordering accessories this week, to be sure we have what we need in the fall. Dealer agreed.

Premium Features