• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ANYONE HAVE A NEW 'LECTRIC START HONDA CRF450RX "IN THE PLANS" FOR THEIR SNOWBIKE??

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
I did find my starting issue. It was a the kill switch plug in behind the number plate had partially came unplugged. The wires are pretty tight in there so I'm not sure if it just was never properly plugged in.?.?

Anyways starts right up now.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
just rode mine for the first time on the weekend with a 19 camso kit

bike is a touch touchy to start, fires up and dies and usually on the 3rd crack it stays running this is on cold starts

hot starts it seems to like a touch of throttle and to be in N sure seems to help. The bike seems to have gobs of power:face-icon-small-hap

Have a rattle under the fuel tank I cant seem to pin point and hate the camso ski on the groomed trail...in the pow its great but on the trail it sucks....few more tweaks this week!

Lifetime Membership
Apr 27, 2002
Spooner, WI 54801
www.4seasons.com
just rode mine for the first time on the weekend with a 19 camso kit

bike is a touch touchy to start, fires up and dies and usually on the 3rd crack it stays running this is on cold starts

hot starts it seems to like a touch of throttle and to be in N sure seems to help. The bike seems to have gobs of power:face-icon-small-hap

Have a rattle under the fuel tank I cant seem to pin point and hate the camso ski on the groomed trail...in the pow its great but on the trail it sucks....few more tweaks this week!

Yes I have found the same thing with starting mine. Seems just a little throttle stab when you first start cranking helps, but the odds are not good starting in gear.

M
Jan 5, 2018
Yes I have found the same thing with starting mine. Seems just a little throttle stab when you first start cranking helps, but the odds are not good starting in gear.

I have a PR2 on mine and cold starts have been easy. Coldest was -8F and it cranked a little more but once it fired it stayed running. If the bike is warm a little shot of throttle does work best.

R
Oct 16, 2010
Western UP
my rekluse had a problem so i took it out and put stock clutch back in, really makes me wonder why i thought I needed one when i put snow bike together. lol any way i have a brand new recluse radius for sale. pm me if anyone wants it.
everything else about this bike is awesome

S
Mid Season Report

I have about 10 rides and 400 miles on My 17' 450 RX and 18' Camso kit. Lots of fun!! 3 rides ago I installed the Zbroz Suspension strut and it is MUCH better.
I haven't had any problems with my air box except for 1 day that was super cold and lots of powder. I got a chunk of ice in the bottom of the box and it ran like the choke was on. Air box mods are: Outerwears filters over the mesh intake and over the holes on the sides by the number plates. I'm Still running the #1 map. Haven't even tried the other maps. It's been too much fun to even think about other maps. I also have Brockstar fork rebuild, electric heated grips, GPS mount, Small lightbar, Engine jacket, Thermobob, Trail Tech Vapor, Tusk Handguards, and a fun meter that is always pegged.

18 CRF450R

I just got back from my first trip on my Honda and man it was a great! The only problem I had was it was a super powder week of riding and I must have got moisture in something and it wouldn't start after letting it sit for about an hour on the hill. I have read on some dirt bike forum that the kill switch side is to blame.

Has anyone else had any issues with their honda? I just unloaded it and bringing it up to temp in my shop so who knows maybe it will start working. I will be looking into it this weekend and I will let you know what I find.
yes, its the kill/map switch . Had it happen

Premium Features