• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone had any luck straightening A-arms?

N
Dec 7, 2007
I bent a lower the other day, I have new aftermarket A-arms on the way. I was just seeing if anyone had any luck trying to straighten one out. If so, how. Thanks

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Yes, I straightened one with lots of heat, a 20 ton press and water quench. It wasn't perfect, but I was able to finish the season with it. Bought Zbroz in the off season.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I straightened a lower that was bent pretty good... just used a press, cant even tell it was bent. I’m sure its weaker now, but I put another 400 hard miles on it and its held up.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
YES. Have fixed several of them. same thing with bent suspension rails. I use a 50 ton press, but more for the extra space it gives you. You dont need a ton a force to do it. I dont use heat, just go slow and make sure its supported correctly so it only bends where you want it to. As long as you dont crack the metal you will be fine.

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
I have fixed a few by using a press with a craddle jig that I had made up and lots of heat. I have access to a heat treat oven so I wasn't too concerned with the strength of the arm afterwords.

Premium Features