• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone gone Khaos back to Pro?

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
I agree...everything is that much faster to react on the khaos. Doesn't take long at all to get a handle on it though. Definitely more fun. Works really well with the 2.75 in deep snow. Doesn't wear you out near as much in a long day. Didn't notice much for trenching either with the 165. So far I'm impressed except for how tight you have to run the track and the rich bottom end. l haven't ridden it in set up conditions yet.

T
Nov 11, 2008
Some comparisons to add after riding all weekend with a Doo 165 Expert. On one narrow climb it took two tries each to slay it, the Doo trenched more with its limited let out than my Khaos 165. With the limiter sucked in on the Doo it climbed a little better.

So to compare the two and I wish we had a Pro163/165 there this weekend I would say the Khaos still climbs better than a Doo 165 with the limiter out but maybe a Pro climbs similar to the Doo with it sucked in. I do not have major ski lift on longer controlled climbs even when it’s steep and we are whipping the sled around on a turn out. It’s the little playful kickers I get a little more lift with the 165.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tahoe151

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Truckee
Has any one looks a possibility converting the ski doo expert limiter strap system to the khaos seams like it would make the best of both worlds

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
ggcustoms thanks for the great review. Now I am torn. I have 2 155 Khaos and have so much fun. Can't decide if I want to go 165 Khaos or stick with 155. I think if Poo comes out with a 900 or turbo, I'll likely do a 165 Khaos, but if no new engine, I'll keep what I have. 165 looks like a better all around machine, but I have loved that wheelie and party of the 155".

S

SLAZYH

Sep 18, 2020
For what it's worth, I'm a beginner sledder, My only power sports experience being dirt bikes. I bought a new sled this past fall, and spent a lot of time back and forth deciding between the Pro and Khaos. I ended up going buying a Khaos based off of the "playful" factor. I honestly can't imagine riding a Pro at this point. The Khaos does everything I want and need it to do. I'm confident that when I gain more experience and want to do Pro terrain, that I will be able to with my Khaos 165.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
one of my buddies and I both did longer tracks and Ice Age "chaos" skids this year. he 163, me 165. both of us have similar thoughts.
the longer track khaosed pros, doesn't really feel any different than the 155 pros.
we think the longer tracks/skids take the "khaos" out of it.

I have a buddy who has 2 155 khaos sleds. another buddy who has a 165 khaos. The buddy who has the 155s says the 165 is nothing like his. not "khaos" playful at all.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
one of my buddies and I both did longer tracks and Ice Age "chaos" skids this year. he 163, me 165. both of us have similar thoughts.
the longer track khaosed pros, doesn't really feel any different than the 155 pros.

I have a buddy who has 2 155 khaos sleds. another buddy who has a 165 khaos. The buddy who has the 155s says the 165 is nothing like his. not "khaos" playful at all.
Shock settings make a huge difference on the Khaos.
My buddies Pro 163 is more Khaos than my 155 Khaos with my high/low speed maxed right.

Sent it

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

My 162 Khaos shocks pro axys is definitely wild.

Maybe it’s the 5# of boost at sea level that does that. ??‍♂️

Premium Features