• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone ever try one of these?

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
i about put my back out trying to be a good samaritan and help a guy on a nytro get unstuck. i just wave on my way by now i learned my lesson

grizzly7

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2009
Wisconsin
What ever!! All sleds are heavy when they are stuck, buy one and when they fall in the creek bottom dont let them use it, cuz there sleds are so light they should just toss them on there back and walk them out.

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
You know, I believe they make a winch that actually works off of a chain saw. I think I would rather have one of those in the trailer or truck and have to have someone go get it if needed rather than carry one on the sled.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
i see the new yami sleds have electric power steering...unreal...i didn;t think they steered THAT hard...thats one little perk that i don;t think any others will need to follow

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
i see the new yami sleds have electric power steering

Another example of how out of touch yammi is from mtn riding... that's jus completely going in the wrong direction.

LESS WEIGHT. PERIOD. Once a 4 stroke hits 500 even I'll suck it up & live with the 80 extra lbs & toss a turbo on it... till then I'll just keep laughing.

N

northseattle

Jan 4, 2009
Thanks for all the feedback on the nytro. So no one has tried out a snow winch, huh?

Next time I buy a sled, I'll make sure to ask WABackcountry's permission. Uh-oh, I already springchecked an 800 etec. I hope that was ok with him. :lol:

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
my guess is the winch works like a winch, and it weighs 15 pounds. thanks for givin everyone a prop for 1 liners. :lol:Yamis weigh a ton. when you get them stuck they weigh a sh1t ton:lol::flypig:

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
I have one. Keep it in the truck usually. Never used it riding but have used it to lift sled onto loft in garage. Motor needs to be running or you can kill battery quick. Also have a Nytro and a Pro RMK (for all you haters!!)

Roll a nytro out just like everything else. I keep the winch just in case something is unrecoverable....

Murph

S

stem

Mar 1, 2008
Norway
My neighbour got a Yamaha Viking (see pic) with a warn winch on it, and he wouldn't remove it for the world due to the weight of the sled if he gets stuck. It works good and does not take up much space back on the carrier

Viking.jpg

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
that viking is a work sled...all work sleds are heavy...yamaha bravo longtracks are the best trapline sled...they are very light

S

Stitch13

Sep 6, 2008
Tough Crowd!

Pretty tough crowd lol.....they are all right unfortunately for you though, Yamaha's are heavy! I am sure you are well aware of that or you would not be looking for a winch.

Personally I would put your money into a turbo first (assuming its not all ready) and the rest into light weight parts.

Then only ride with buddies that are really strong..........in case you still get stuck.

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
winch.

One of my neighbours has one on his Yamaha Apex 2008, this guy is one of the best experienced persons i know when it comes to riding in the mountains. But I should mention that he allmost lives in the wild during some parts of the year, he has managed to put over 12000km on his Yamaha and he has had it for two years.

He said he would NEVER remove the winch, he spends alot of time alone on his sled and would be helpless when stuck bad without it.

Then again I do not have one, even though I wish i did somtimes:face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features