• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone buy/use IndyDan's TPS calibration tool?

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Looking at Dan's calibration tool on his website.
Looks pretty sweet but would like to hear someone say it's effective and dummy proof before dropping $250 on it.

Anyone get one yet and use it?

1571711016509.png

Last edited:

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Well this wasn't as quite as an interactive topic as I was hoping for.
Pulled the trigger on it today anyways so next week or two we'll know!
They build them as ordered so won't ship until mid week next week.

Let's put this thing to work, anybody in SW Washington or NW Oregon need their tps adjusted?

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Probably not much conversation because it's really easy to check tps on the AXYS with any half decent dmm and a 12v source. Would be really handy though on older sleds or if you don't have a good dmm. With that said, I've never ever had to adjust a tps. I know there's been lots of talk on here about them being off, but I have never personally seen one off. It always ends up being some other issue...

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
Probably not much conversation because it's really easy to check tps on the AXYS with any half decent dmm and a 12v source. Would be really handy though on older sleds or if you don't have a good dmm. With that said, I've never ever had to adjust a tps. I know there's been lots of talk on here about them being off, but I have never personally seen one off. It always ends up being some other issue...

Disagree with you on that. Known many that have had TPS issues including myself. I bought my 16 used in 2017 and almost immediately had issues with it dying when trying to go into reverse. Did TPS calibration and it was way off. Immediately fixed the issue and sled ran much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Agree. I have never found one Polaris TPS to be in specification on the base setting.
My daughters ‘12 Pro has had to be chased every season since 2013. It will begin idling low about mid season to spring time. I reset every fall. Garbage.

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
Well this wasn't as quite as an interactive topic as I was hoping for.
Pulled the trigger on it today anyways so next week or two we'll know!
They build them as ordered so won't ship until mid week next week.

Let's put this thing to work, anybody in SW Washington or NW Oregon need their tps adjusted?

oregon here. Is the adjustment mainly needed for low idle issues or are there other tps scenarios?

Premium Features