• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone backcountry ride in the North East Kingdom VT

L
Aug 29, 2008
CT
My girl friend's parents have a house in Island Pound VT. I stared out snowmoblieing in UT and ID. I moved back here to work. I realy like backcountry rideing but its is slow going finding places to ride and people who go off trail. Anyone like backcountry rideing in the North East Kingdon of VT or nothern NH? During the winter I am up there about every other weekend. Anyone want to meet up and ride?

R
Apr 18, 2009
I would be interested. I as well have done all my riding the past 5 years in CO/WY. this past year i bought a 05 rev 800, and this summer I extended it out to 141x2" on it and defiantely looking to find some riding off trail. I have a place in North Conway NH, where i will be every weekend dec 31-mar 31. Looking to ride there, as well as Jay VT. what are you riding? Hit me up.

L
Aug 29, 2008
CT
I have a 06 Polaris switchback 600ho with a 144 track. My girl friend rides a 00 Polaris RMK 550 136. She is used to trail rideing but she tries to follow me most of the time. When I go to town to fill up I get strange looks with a long track. I found some good off trail last year but didn't get to explore it enough because my girl friends sled burned down and she had to ride her dads Cat ZL600 (part tank) and didn't dare take it off trail to far. I am heading up to Island Pond next weekend to cut some wood for winter. If I have some time I am going to hike up and see where i was last year.

T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
I'm from Connecticut and ride mostly in Southern VT, but would love to do some off trail riding. Just bought some Snowhawks this year and off trial is where they perform the best. I'd be up for commiting to a weekend if you'd like to get a group together.

L
Aug 29, 2008
CT
I rode a Snowhawk last year out west. Their fun in powder but I wouldn't want to ride one on the trail. Very hard to stay up. RER motor city had a used one for sale in Monro CT but they are now out of busyness. Not sure where it went. May be Rick still has it.

T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
I haven't ridden one yet, but have the Snowhawk Addiction videos and I just know I'm going to love them. I bought that 500fan from RER. I also got a used 600 and a new 800. I have 2 kids so I needed multiple machines.

I'm going to Utah for Hawkfest Feb11-16 and renting a machine. Anyone want to join me. There are a very limited number of Snowhawk rentals available, so act quick if you're interested. Regular snowmobiles are also welcome to participate in Hawkfest and are available for rent.

Anyone else with a hawk on here?

T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
Well, I've got 5 days in riding the Hawks and they are absolutely amazing. I don't know if I'll ever ride a "snowmobile" again. Hawks are snowmobiles as per the legal definition of a snowmobile, and as to what is allowed on snowmobile trails.

So far trail riding is all I've done and they perform wonderfully on the trials. I've riden about 375 -400 miles now and only went down once. That one time was on the 500 from RER. At the time I had not yet installed a trail adapter to it and was intentionally attacking the corners in my effort to learn the machine. Both the 600 and 800 had trail adapters when I got them and there has been no issue. I'm sure the 500 will perform equally well now that it has a trail adapter.

To all those that have heard of these machines and are curious, do yourself a favor and find a chance to try one. Seriously, you just have no idea what you are missing!!

Join me for HawkFest East in Lake Placid, March 12-14. There should be about 10-12 hawks and 10-15 sleds. Anyone there will let you try their Hawk.

Premium Features