• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anybody run these?

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Looking to avoid buying that gay ass snow flap, was looking at something to mount on the skis as a alternative when on the trail up. Just a gimmick or will they get the job done ?

Also was considering the OTTP reversible ski scratcher, however, with an arm that long, I just don't see how it wouldn't "wad" up when backing up ?

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
My dad ran a set of those a few years ago. Definitely throw snow and ice around. Though he ended up taking them off as they would hook on stuff and reverse was problematic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R
Nov 16, 2016
The cable style scratchers do work and they are reversing capable.
However, if you store the sled with the cable scratchers looped up and over the skids, they will take a "set" and will never fully recover.
Everyone in our group who had them at one time, has removed them!

1fastdad

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Algona, WA
I ran these and had one break first time out, kind of a pain to get it warranted, since then they have both broken off. Not worth messing with for me.
4c4a65d5074d5c1d9ccfa4d1d586812f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
I've thought about adding a second set of doo scratchers on the rear skid. Would in theory make twice the snow kick up into the track. Has anyone done this?

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
me too. Stock ones and tunnel mounts with replaceable tip-works exceptionally well.

Premium Features