• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anybody have ecm tune and go in for engine work?

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Hey guys, curious on this, I know if you flash the ecm supposed to be warranty void, anybody know if they do check ecm for engine work or only if they knew you had it redone?

I'm really on the fence as I want More oiling for my engine, hate to end up just out of warranty and it goes VS just increasing its longevity overall likely.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
most anything you go in for any more they might plug it in, if they plug it in they will see it

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Hey guys, curious on this, I know if you flash the ecm supposed to be warranty void, anybody know if they do check ecm for engine work or only if they knew you had it redone?

I'm really on the fence as I want More oiling for my engine, hate to end up just out of warranty and it goes VS just increasing its longevity overall likely.
if it still under warranty why do you care? ride it

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Add a few oz. Of oil to the gas tank every time u fill up. Its easy to do and won't void warranty.

Sent it

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Adding oil to the fuel displaces the fuel a bit leaning it out, mind you a it's a very small amount.

And my thoughts were long term engine life after warranty, maybe Itll last 6k km+, or maybe it'll let go just outside of warranty when if it had the oiling it wouldn't of happened?. Of course more oiling will be beneficial to prevent both those from happening but unfortunately for better or worse with the electronic oil pump that you can't just turn it up.

Premium Features