• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

anybody gotten an expert stuck yet?

kyinwa

Lifetime Membership
Nov 3, 2011
washington
Haven't picked up my expert yet but my buddy asked me if I was going to have to stand on the track to pull on the bumper after a deep stuck. I told him I hadn't really thought about it because he was the one always getting stuck.

That said, has anybody gotten one of these stuck yet and if so, does the track prohibit you from lifting the tunnel the usual way?

Asking for a friend..... :)

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
Haven't picked up my expert yet but my buddy asked me if I was going to have to stand on the track to pull on the bumper after a deep stuck. I told him I hadn't really thought about it because he was the one always getting stuck.

That said, has anybody gotten one of these stuck yet and if so, does the track prohibit you from lifting the tunnel the usual way?

Esp being taller I've always used some climbing straps to get a better pull on the bumper then bending all the way over. With this sled they may REALLY come in handy.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

kyinwa

Lifetime Membership
Nov 3, 2011
washington
If you're pulling on the bumper you're probably working too hard. Roll it unless the trees are too tight. A strap is helpful though even for ski pulls.
Maybe I should clarify, after a deep stuck where you have to lift from the bumper to get the skid/track out of its trench so you can proceed to roll or ski-pull from there.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Esp being taller I've always used some climbing straps to get a better pull on the bumper then bending all the way over. With this sled they may REALLY come in handy.

What are climbing straps?

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com

Won't notice it, the bumper is still right near the back of the track. Before it was well past the track but it works fine! Enjoy!

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
What are climbing straps?
They are a closed loop straps found in the climbing section of most outdoor stores. Truthfully not sure how climbers use them but they are like 10 bucks'ish and hold like 2000 lbs or something insane like that. I carry two, one in each pocket as they are small. Have used for lifting the sled, ski pulls so I can get a bit farther away from the sled, held post-rock broken skies in place to A-arms to get home twice and as tow straps. Probably my most used accessory.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
They are a closed loop straps found in the climbing section of most outdoor stores. Truthfully not sure how climbers use them but they are like 10 bucks'ish and hold like 2000 lbs or something insane like that. I carry two, one in each pocket as they are small. Have used for lifting the sled, ski pulls so I can get a bit farther away from the sled, held post-rock broken skies in place to A-arms to get home twice and as tow straps. Probably my most used accessory.

Thanks. I will check then out.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Try this:

When the tail of the sled is way down in the snow and the nose is up. Lay on your back under the front and push up on the front bumper with your legs. Once your knees are locked you will be able to hold it with one leg. Push snow under the front of the track and pack it. Once packed, release, move in and do it again. Once the sled is vertical it will roll sideways easily or if you simply pull it flat again it will pop the rear up as the snow under the track has become a fulcrum. Now you have packed snow under there it aids traction too. This, I call the "Wedge" technique for unstucking a sled. If your buddies are helping lift the front of the sled or pack the snow it is even easier. Very rare to lift the rear anymore as my legs are much stronger than my back. Also the sled is usually higher on the front than the back. Or just don't get stuck.

C
Nov 29, 2008
Yep trenched uphill pushing the front up with your legs while on your back works better thant trying to lift the back end.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Premium Features