• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any word on building (BOOST) sleds?…

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
Stopped by my dealer today, was not encouraging. They heard a rumor that Polaris may be having some crankcase issues, not sure what that means but he was not holding his breathe, told me not to sell my 20. Also found this amusing, they are a SkiDoo dealer too. Sitting on the floor is brand new Summit with no ECU or Gauges...go figure!!!!

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
@Sheetmetalfab

I can say for what it's worth I value my warranty not nore do I believe mine will be in my possession for less than 12 hours before turbo pedestal fabbing is done. Lol Still trying to figure out lump some payment plan. Anyone wanna buy some old broken junk? Lol

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Stopped at Action yesterday. They told me that there was a national stop sale on all of the 22s. They were hoping to have some news on a resolution by 1 October. The boost sleds have prority but as of yet no info on when exactly it will be resolved.

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
Stopped at Action yesterday. They told me that there was a national stop sale on all of the 22s. They were hoping to have some news on a resolution by 1 October. The boost sleds have prority but as of yet no info on when exactly it will be resolved.

I wonder what a “national stop sale” means…?!
All 2022 sleds that are matryx chassis are snowchecks so this means they’re not even able to deliver on the axys chassis??

Doesn’t sound like I’ll be sledding for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
I emailed Polaris owner connections off their website. The response I got was the order is on a "to be determined" and is being worked into the schedule. All due to a large backlog of orders, big surprise there. They knew in April when we placed the snowchecks what the volume was. I wish I could get an honest answer, im a big boy I can handle it :cool:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Some dealers already have 2022 Axys sleds sitting on the floor.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Some dealers already have 2022 Axys sleds sitting on the floor.
They are on stop sale unfortunately.

The dates I heard were all our SC's targeted to land before Dec 15 - not sure how geographic location plays in to that. The order screen is just a sea of TBD, no firm ship dates as of yet. As always - your mileage may vary!

west dreams

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2009
Becker, Mn.
I'm in Minnesota, my dealer just told me my sled is supposed to arrive at the dealership 2 days before Christmas. Khaos 165" Matryx Slash. I have a friend that works at a Polaris assembly plant here locally and they said Polaris put out the word for workers needed for 3 weeks of overtime to go to the 850 snowmobile engine assembly plant here and fix the 850 motor issue.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
NATIONAL STOP SALE.
There is a major defect in the new engines
None of the sleds are to be sold or delivered to customers.

Polaris has not made a final determination if the engines can be repaired by the dealer or if they will need to be replaced.

Chatter is that Polaris may be shipping out new engines and having the dealers swap them out.
That is NOT confirmed though!!

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
NATIONAL STOP SALE.
There is a major defect in the new engines
None of the sleds are to be sold or delivered to customers.

Polaris has not made a final determination if the engines can be repaired by the dealer or if they will need to be replaced.

Chatter is that Polaris may be shipping out new engines and having the dealers swap them out.
That is NOT confirmed though!!

Dang.. that is not good news!

What is “new” about the 2022 850 patriot engine vs. The previous 2021 version?? Obviously the turbo is a totally different configuration but I wasn’t aware of changes to the engine internals - can anyone comment on that?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

What is “new” about the 2022 850 patriot engine vs. The previous 2021 version?? Obviously the turbo is a totally different configuration but I wasn’t aware of changes to the engine internals - can anyone comment on that?

I’m guessing defective parts from a supplier got caught late after parts were installed in a bunch of engines.

Much easier to fix now than a recall.

Nov 26, 2007
golden BC
i believe they lightened the flywheel. the demo 2022 i rode was much easier to pull start compared to a 2021 and i think the polaris rep said because of the new flywheel.

that’s no reason for a new motor though

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
Not good news at all. Sounds like QC department maybe caught something late? That would tell me they are doing their jobs well, if so. Matryx haven't been shipped yet so that means they should avoid this, but we will see if it extends the backlog.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Since no Matryx RMKs have been delivered to dealers, yet, having dealers replace motors in a Matryx RMK ain't gonna happen - at least not for this particular problem.

Never underestimate a dealer's ability to F things up.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota

The problem is not necessarily from anything new, could be a existing part that just had a manufacturing defect or tooling issue this time around. Better they catch it now than later.

gp800

Premium Member
Sep 25, 2017
i believe they lightened the flywheel. the demo 2022 i rode was much easier to pull start compared to a 2021 and i think the polaris rep said because of the new flywheel.

that’s no reason for a new motor though

The flywheel is the same with the exception of additional pickups, axys has 7 and maytrx has 21.

Premium Features