• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any word on building (BOOST) sleds?…

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Best source of market share is the voluntary sled warranty data that the OEM's share with the OEM manufacturing association, by make/model/year, who in turn tabulate and share with the OEMs. IDs the trends and shifts in the industry. Haven't seen it myself since early 2000's, assume it's still out there. Won't be accurate for 2022 models until much later in the season. If you can land your hands on it from someone you know in the industry.

K
Jun 30, 2017
Did anyone notice if the driveshaft/drivers was updated on the 2022 snowcheck axys 2.75 sleds? All the ones at my dealer look like the old style

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Did anyone notice if the driveshaft/drivers was updated on the 2022 snowcheck axys 2.75 sleds? All the ones at my dealer look like the old style
I have a warranty track coming for my 21 Khaos at the end of August. It will be interesting to see if they shipped the new style with the extra drive nubs or the original series 8 design. They were out of stock on the original design for several months so it might be a mistake to keep building them that way when they have been talking about upgrading drivers and tracks on 2021 sleds that had the track ratcheting issues. The official word was that tracks were running too loose if they were ratcheting but mine started to loose the rubber on the inside of the belt where the wheels contacted. In my opinion this was from the spec being too tight for the thickness of rubber in that area. Time will tell.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
More coming out today from what I understand. (Info wise)
d0c941dc5e77d1b1be057ad0922d0827.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
I have a warranty track coming for my 21 Khaos at the end of August. It will be interesting to see if they shipped the new style with the extra drive nubs or the original series 8 design. They were out of stock on the original design for several months so it might be a mistake to keep building them that way when they have been talking about upgrading drivers and tracks on 2021 sleds that had the track ratcheting issues. The official word was that tracks were running too loose if they were ratcheting but mine started to loose the rubber on the inside of the belt where the wheels contacted. In my opinion this was from the spec being too tight for the thickness of rubber in that area. Time will tell.

My track is the same as yours .. full of holes along the track of the wheels and rubber completely gone at the rods.. I barely every ratcheted my track as I kept it to the spec religiously. Must have tightened it 8-10 times through the season

Definitely too tight for the track design, wheels are too small for the pitch and sled is impossible to move manually on the ground, wouldn't roll off my sled deck, and vibrated so much .. hoping new drivers allow for a bit more sag, and looking at putting in bigger wheels on my new machine hoping for a smoother ride.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Doo 850 wheels work nice on the polaris, and they don't break the bank.

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
My track is the same as yours .. full of holes along the track of the wheels and rubber completely gone at the rods.. I barely every ratcheted my track as I kept it to the spec religiously. Must have tightened it 8-10 times through the season

Definitely too tight for the track design, wheels are too small for the pitch and sled is impossible to move manually on the ground, wouldn't roll off my sled deck, and vibrated so much .. hoping new drivers allow for a bit more sag, and looking at putting in bigger wheels on my new machine hoping for a smoother ride.
I went to 9" rear wheels. I really like it. Not only does it rotate easier, it reverses better in deep snow

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
who will have the first boost matrix off the assembly line. ?

wonderxc600

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
MN
I talked to a Polaris Rep today and he said November too early December and he doesn't see any issues, or anything that should hold it up. Time will tell.

Premium Features