• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any word on building (BOOST) sleds?…

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Does that mean miles will now be stored in the ecu? Or will dealers be able to program it on the 7s displays when they are installed? I'd hate to have a new sled with an inaccurate odometer (even though it'd read lower than actual)
They have the ability to change the mileage with digital wrench.

Otherwise they would all have incorrect mileages after they replaced a destroyed hood and guage

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Okay, I was under the impression that they couldn't do that because I've seen a lot of used sleds for sale that have had gauges replaced and the mileage is not accurate. I've even seen some with dealer paperwork proving the mileage of the old gauge, but the replacement was never programmed so you just had to add them together.

K
Jun 30, 2017
Okay, I was under the impression that they couldn't do that because I've seen a lot of used sleds for sale that have had gauges replaced and the mileage is not accurate. I've even seen some with dealer paperwork proving the mileage of the old gauge, but the replacement was never programmed so you just had to add them together.
i had a non pidd gauge replaced on a 17 last season, i was told by the dealer it couldnt be programmed to the proper km. would be nice to have the proper mileage on it

turbolover

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
i had a non pidd gauge replaced on a 17 last season, i was told by the dealer it couldnt be programmed to the proper km. would be nice to have the proper mileage on it
Well, I have been wrong before but just because they say it can't be done doesn't mean it can't be done.
Sometimes that's code for we don't know how or don't want to.

I've run into that issue with my truck. Ask the dealer to turn on certain features and they say. "No, can do."
That's really funny because XYZ aftermarket programmer will do it.

K
Jun 30, 2017
Well, I have been wrong before but just because they say it can't be done doesn't mean it can't be done.
Sometimes that's code for we don't know how or don't want to.

I've run into that issue with my truck. Ask the dealer to turn on certain features and they say. "No, can do."
That's really funny because XYZ aftermarket programmer will do it.

ya i get that, i really hope someone chimes in with a way to do it

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
I got a standard gauge, and I remember seeing somewhere that I was going to have a float gauge again. This is after 3 years on a cat with a digital gauge. I prefer the float IMO

I hear you, I didn't mean to imply a preference. I never had a problem with the float gauge – dependable and consistent. I just don't think we'll see it on the Matryx. The owners manual shows a digital fuel gauge on the standard display, and I don't think a float gauge cap will even fit.

Just speculating of course, anxiously waiting for the new sled... when are these things coming already!

Someone must be getting one soon...

turbolover

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
When I stopped by Action Motorsports in Idaho Falls this morning, this is what I was told.

The recall effects stocking sleds only. Another bearing in the motor was outsourced due to a shortage with the normal supplier. It was not up to the demands and specs it should have been. It does not effect snowcheck and later production models. However it did delay the rest of production because of that bearing problem. It was caught and not put into snowcheck and later production models.
Current stock models and early production models will have the entire motors replaced by dealers on location. They will ship those recall motors back to polaris.

7s display models will come with the standard guage (so you can ride now) and have the 7s replaced when they come in. Polaris will have capability for dealers in the digital wrench computers to change and correct mileage to the new guage.

He was also optimistic that snowcheck sleds would be arriving soon as he was assured that snowcheck production was taking priority. Worst case scenario would be that they would be there by December 15.

B
Dec 19, 2012
Leduc County, AB
I hear you, I didn't mean to imply a preference. I never had a problem with the float gauge – dependable and consistent. I just don't think we'll see it on the Matryx. The owners manual shows a digital fuel gauge on the standard display, and I don't think a float gauge cap will even fit.

Just speculating of course, anxiously waiting for the new sled... when are these things coming already!

Someone must be getting one soon...

I’m good either way as well. I guess it’s about time polaris got with the times with a digital fuel gauge. I wanted to go with the 7S but the price jump wasn’t worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B
Dec 19, 2012
Leduc County, AB
When I stopped by Action Motorsports in Idaho Falls this morning, this is what I was told.

The recall effects stocking sleds only. Another bearing in the motor was outsourced due to a shortage with the normal supplier. It was not up to the demands and specs it should have been. It does not effect snowcheck and later production models. However it did delay the rest of production because of that bearing problem. It was caught and not put into snowcheck and later production models.
Current stock models and early production models will have the entire motors replaced by dealers on location. They will ship those recall motors back to polaris.

7s display models will come with the standard guage (so you can ride now) and have the 7s replaced when they come in. Polaris will have capability for dealers in the digital wrench computers to change and correct mileage to the new guage.

He was also optimistic that snowcheck sleds would be arriving soon as he was assured that snowcheck production was taking priority. Worst case scenario would be that they would be there by December 15.

I was told on the first of October when I was in my dealer here in Alberta that they expected snowchecks to arrive in 30-35 days. This seems to line up

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I believe, as in the past, the ECU stores all hrs and mileage regardless of gauge or hood change. DW unlocks a lot of info to Polaris, and your dealer, that the consumer doesn’t realize is stored in the ECU.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID

It is a little deceiving: SHIP date December 15th. Not delivery. Who knows around the holidays in this Bidened up world we live in, when that means for delivery. Hopefully quick, be nice if everyone had their sleds this year......

idacatman2

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, ID
So will the boost models be shipped with a standard gauge as well? You could only get the 7s on boost models as I understood it.

west dreams

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2009
Becker, Mn.
My buddy who works at a Polaris motor assembly plant here in Mn. told me last week that 11,000 motors needed to be replaced because of the main bearing on the crank, as of last week they had 1,000 done. From what he said its been a bit of a cluster fu%k . I don't have much confidence in taking my new sled this year.

J
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, ID
So to through another wrench in the box, I just got a text from my sales guy at Action Motorsports in Idaho Falls saying my sled has shipped and will be here next week. I haven't received the email from Polaris saying it shipped. Khaos Matryx Slash 155 standard display.

D
Dec 15, 2020
So to through another wrench in the box, I just got a text from my sales guy at Action Motorsports in Idaho Falls saying my sled has shipped and will be here next week. I haven't received the email from Polaris saying it shipped. Khaos Matryx Slash 155 standard display.
Man I hope to get that news soon! I have the same sled but with 7 display and Boost. (ill take without display though);)

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
My buddy who works at a Polaris motor assembly plant here in Mn. told me last week that 11,000 motors needed to be replaced because of the main bearing on the crank, as of last week they had 1,000 done. From what he said its been a bit of a cluster fu%k . I don't have much confidence in taking my new sled this year.

That’s reassuring… only 10,000 motors to go before things get back to regular production!!

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
They were almost certainly building them in advance but not assembled in the Matryx chassis orders, yet; only assembled in Axys chassis, which in turn were shipped. Must be a JCF in the liberty plant.

Premium Features