• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any Vegas riders?

IFlyEm

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2008
Temecula, CA
Hello,

Moving to Vegas from Iowa next month and I am curious if there are any riders that live in Vegas. Obviously not much riding around Vegas but it's really not a bad drive to Utah or Sierras. I have a spring checked SKS 155 coming so it should be good for that type of riding. I was driving 7-9 hours each way to the U.P. to ride and a lot of that was secondary roads. Being able to jump on the 15 and cruise up to the Salt Lake area is very appealing. It would just be nice to find some people local to go on trips with. :rockon:

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
You dont like to stay in one place very long do ya :)

Have fun on the new adventure. You might have to drive 4-6 hours but you will have several options in every direction.

IFlyEm

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2008
Temecula, CA
It's not 100% certain. But the commute between Iowa and Los Angeles is killing me. I was hoping we were going to merge with someone that would allow me to be based in Chicago or Minneapolis. Unfortunately, that talk has went away.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
There is not a lot of places to ride near Vegas that i know of. Its called a desert oasis for a reason 50's and the winter 110 in the summer. I know of only one ski resort and it's on mount Charleston with an elevation 7,500 ft. and its tiny but i am not sure if there is any riding up there. Never really explored the area much when i was going to school down there. That whole basin doesn't get a lot of snow period mostly rain. Southern Utah around Brian head might have some riding areas but that is 3 hours away. Plenty in Northern Nevada though but again 6-8 hours away.

T
Nov 16, 2020
If you're still around vegas, I myself am looking for a riding buddy. Moved here a few years ago and the drive to Colorado to ride with friends is a bit much. Definitely want to explore cedar city, but don't want to go exploring by myself.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Ride your sled down the strip. You could be the first!!!

Premium Features