• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any snowbikers in the UP?

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
They are not legal here . DNR kinda looks the other way as long as you stay away from town and off the trail . You can use multi use trails but make sure you have heard and tail lights and the two orv stickers or better yet plate .

I'm not a Avocate of your converted dirt machine they are to slow and underpowered to maintain speed. They make for a very dangerous situation on a trail .

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
I take the truck bar to bar it's much quicker and warm . ..

Best UP gripe I hear "Paddle Tracks make bumps on the trail"
That must be why dirt roads get washboarded . From all the tractors !!

L
Feb 27, 2017
Rode ours in the UP last year. Headed up again near the end of February if your interested. Paradise area. We stay off the trails and boondock. Had great success around Paradise, and Strongs. Check out Michigan Snowbikes on facebook. Just started the page trying to get people together to ride.

L
Feb 27, 2017
As for whether or not they should be on the trails. I can say they kinda suck on groomed snow, supposedly there's a new ski thats better. As for power they may not go over 100 but theres no lack of power with the bikes. I can cruise in fifth topped out with no issue. The trail sucks any way for them, the fun is off trail.

kinneyt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Wing, MN
Rode ours in the UP last year. Headed up again near the end of February if your interested. Paradise area. We stay off the trails and boondock. Had great success around Paradise, and Strongs. Check out Michigan Snowbikes on facebook. Just started the page trying to get people together to ride.
get me the dates my self and a snowbike friend of mine would be interested in checking out the area.

Premium Features