• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

any snow in the UP?

C

Covelli44

Jan 2, 2011
North Aurora, IL
Reports of 30+". Sounds like it fell north of twin lakes, south range area. Sounded to be a small area. Most reports are the woods are still full of landmines, as expected due to no base. Fire and logging roads should be good. I haven't heard about trails or grooming.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
I rode from Twin Lakes to Calumet and back. Brought up my moms new/used trail sled to test out due to not knowing what conditions to expect. Wish I would've brought the pro! 0 base, the wet spots are there, and the snow is only in a 10-15 mile area though. Twin Lakes to Painesdale has between 22-30", South Range starts to drop off to about 14-16" and Houghton doesn't even have 10". Calumet maybe has 10", cut over from trail 17 to trail 3 and rode back down through Lake Linden who didn't even have 8". Mass City looks to have about 12"-14" from the window of the truck, and it drops of QUICK south of there, maybe 2" in Bruce Crossing on the way home. The snow is settling FAST, and it's supposed to possibly rain/drizzle with some highs in the mid to upper 30s this week, so please don't read this report and get your sled loaded up for next weekend due to my report is all I'm saying. It was quite the Zoo, and there was a lot of monkeys running up and down the grade. 3 was groomed from Twin Lakes all the way to Calumet as was 17.

longlugs

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2013
Northern Utah
Rode Saturday and Sunday in the South Range/Twin Lakes area. They got hit Thursday night with a nice dump. There was 24"-30" of fresh on top of nothing. Stuck to logging roads and power lines, since the trees would have been treacherous. Just what I was looking for to break in the new Axys before heading west. If you blinked, you missed it.

https://vimeo.com/149528351

Premium Features