• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any Salmon La Sac/Last Resort trail reports?

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
Road is groomed, but it rained up to about 5.500' last week, so the snow is mostly rock hard. And the base is still thin down low. Next good storm should do the trick.

WAsledder

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2018
Cle Elum WA
We rode Saturday and Sunday and found some really good snow. Should be legit after this week if the weather that’s supposed to hit actually does

S
Feb 2, 2017
We rode Saturday and Sunday and found some really good snow. Should be legit after this week if the weather that’s supposed to hit actually does
What region did you ride, and elevation?

I heard a similar report about Salmon La Sac area but haven't verified for myself... yet. Riding Friday afternoon and Saturday, possibly up the Teanaway somewhere.

K
Mar 5, 2018
Where do you go in the Teanaway area? I have a friend who has some property half way up the teanaway rd and he says its been raining and there is only a few inches left at his place (around 2300 ft). Hes offered to let us stay there, but I am not sure where to go. I have been up to red top and up the Lick Creek rd but those are going to be too low i suspect. Would love some pointers. Thanks.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Where do you go in the Teanaway area? I have a friend who has some property half way up the teanaway rd and he says its been raining and there is only a few inches left at his place (around 2300 ft). Hes offered to let us stay there, but I am not sure where to go. I have been up to red top and up the Lick Creek rd but those are going to be too low i suspect. Would love some pointers. Thanks.

Need more snow for the Teanaway. Otherwise, go beyond 29 pines until you find snow. Get to know the wilderness boundaries and watch Avi forcasts up there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

C
Sep 22, 2009
This last rain event was not friendly to the little snowpack on the ground. Here's looking at 3500' above Roslyn. Should be getting some back over the next 24 hours but nothing drastic.

20200101_131557.jpg

S
Feb 19, 2016
Does anyone have a good description of the preferred route into Lake Gallagher/Lake Anne? There is a groomed trail into an area used by 4X4's in the summer. Then, there is a split off from this groomed trail that follows a this 4X4 trail. However, there are numerous creek crossings. Is there a better way in? I've heard that there are better trails to take, but I'm not sure where they are located relative to the groomed trail. I have seen several at the end of the groomed road.

There are many videos on YouTube, but they leave out the route they took to Lake Gallagher/Lake Anne.

Much appreciated.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
We have always used the “Jeep trail” you are talking about. The creek crossings are all open right now. I am not an expert on this area and there probably is a backdoor/shortcut/smugglers route in lol.

G
Mar 20, 2012
Does anyone have a good description of the preferred route into Lake Gallagher/Lake Anne? There is a groomed trail into an area used by 4X4's in the summer. Then, there is a split off from this groomed trail that follows a this 4X4 trail. However, there are numerous creek crossings. Is there a better way in? I've heard that there are better trails to take, but I'm not sure where they are located relative to the groomed trail. I have seen several at the end of the groomed road.

There are many videos on YouTube, but they leave out the route they took to Lake Gallagher/Lake Anne.

Much appreciated.

Went to Gallagher on the 30th. Went up the route along the hill on the narrow trail. Had to make 10-12 "creek" crossings due to all the water running down the mountain. Lots of mud and some 3-4' deep. Also several ice chutes so keep your momentum up. However once we got to the Lake, the snow was really good for a first ride. Bluebird day. Decent powder and good traction. Came back the other route. When you come down the trail and come to the Y, head left. There is one creek in the base of the draw. Harder creek crossing, but only one of them. Once we were through, the rest of the ride was cake down through the woods.

I saved the route on my Garmin. I attached it. If the attachment doesn't work, I can send out the .gpx file it you want.

Attachments

• Track_GALLAGHER NEWYEARS.gpx.zip
    57.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
S
Feb 19, 2016
Went to Gallagher on the 30th. Went up the route along the hill on the narrow trail. Had to make 10-12 "creek" crossings due to all the water running down the mountain. Lots of mud and some 3-4' deep. Also several ice chutes so keep your momentum up. However once we got to the Lake, the snow was really good for a first ride. Bluebird day. Decent powder and good traction. Came back the other route. When you come down the trail and come to the Y, head left. There is one creek in the base of the draw. Harder creek crossing, but only one of them. Once we were through, the rest of the ride was cake down through the woods.

I saved the route on my Garmin. I attached it. If the attachment doesn't work, I can send out the .gpx file it you want.
Thanks. This was really helpful.

P

Powderboy

Nov 1, 2001
Renton, WA
I rode Gallagher Friday. I went trial vs jeep trail. The creek crossings arent the worst I've seen but still a pain. Coverage on top was pretty respectable and we had a really nice day. There was a 1/4 inch crust from freezing rain and good snow underneath. Ripping up through the tree's we were trenching at least 2 feet in soft snow. Needs more snow for sure but it was the closest to a real ride I've been on this season. I have pics but I can never figure how to work this page to post them.

montanapup

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2017
Washington
www.iceboxxpro.com
Was up Cooper Lake and Gallager yesterday. Marginal snow and alot of water crossings that were wide open. Snowed most of the day and had about 4" on the truck when we got back. This series of storms should help out alot.
20200105_123441.jpg

Premium Features