• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any opinions on ski/snowboard racks?

P
Dec 15, 2018
They seem a bit crazy expensive but maybe you say their worth it? Maybe you'll say f-that and have a diy that rocks? Does the tunnel need reinforcements for these? Just starting so I got no idea. Can a guy just drill and tap away on a tunnel ? Or will it weaken or start a crack? Ok thanks for all your ideas recommendations. I gotta haul skins and a snowboard. Cheers!

S
Nov 21, 2009
I just took off a set of cheetah ski racks if you want them cheap. They hold skis only along the side of the tunnel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M
Dec 11, 2019
I just took off a set of cheetah ski racks if you want them cheap. They hold skis only along the side of the tunnel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If that offer stands I would certainly be interested. I am hoping to take my kids in to access some low-angle fun.

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
In my opinion the CFR racks are worth it. We get 10 years plus out of them with nothing breaking.

We also have sleds with DIY racks made from less than $100 in materials. They work great but are constantly breaking something. Yes tunnel reinforcement is a good idea. Depends on sled model and mounting points.

Last piece of advice. Don't buy a MoPro rack. They are a bunch of cunts who steal from other people in the industry. Support businesses who aren't sketchy.

T
Dec 6, 2020
I just got my snowboard and ski racks from EZ-Rac. I decided to go with their cargo rack to. I didn't want to drill into the tunnel and like the idea of adding support to the tunnel. So far the quality and setup look great. Very excited! Waiting for the ski doo linQ adapter's and will post some pics. Highly recommend so far

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
Been running CFR racks for past 12 years, I can say they are bomber. I've rolled sleds 100 yards with boards in the rack, smashed my tunnel up and the rack was 100% fine as well as my board. My complaint is that Dave could update his racks, they haven't changed for a while and the LINQ rack puts boards to far forward in my opinion. I catch a lot jumping over the seat on turns. I wish I could take advantage of my 165 tunnel and move the rack so it's using the backmost LINQ brackets.

Storage is also a little awkward due to the bar placement. I run the CFR Dime bag with MoPros Cram box. It works, but I'd rather have one big bag. If I did it again I might go MoPros just cause you got more options to configure. I also bring a ton of gear on my tunnel cause I'm always filming in the BC so I need as much space as possible. I think if you were trying to put skiboots in the rack it would be equally awkward.

bfr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 23, 2015
Another MoPro user. I did not receive any cunts with my rack...but still love it. Great for skis and boards and anything else you wanna strap on.

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
I just got my snowboard and ski racks from EZ-Rac. I decided to go with their cargo rack to. I didn't want to drill into the tunnel and like the idea of adding support to the tunnel. So far the quality and setup look great. Very excited! Waiting for the ski doo linQ adapter's and will post some pics. Highly recommend so far

What sled are you riding?

I'm looking for a snowboard/pow surf rack solution for my g4, tough market. I can't believe what the linq brackets cost, plus i don't want to lose the ability for a gas caddy + tunnnel bag.

Cheetah said their DTM's are not intended for a g4 chassis/tunnel. (which i don't understand since the ez-rack will bolt on)

Edit: I reached out to ez-rack, thumbs up for a quick chat response. Their system can bolt to the g4 tunnel, looks like i'll be going that route!

Last edited:
Premium Features