• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any one having any problem with exhaust valves

walker

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Last couple times out sled felt like it was loading up on bottom end. Once it hit 6000 it ran fine. Pulled rpm and hills fine. Then couple hours into ride yesterday rpm started falling off. Then roped out at 7000. Pretty sure exhaust valves where not opening. I have a can on it. Not exhaust note change at 6000. Pulled off servo checked cable operation. Seems to open and close. I have to push last 1/4 inch of valve return to achieve fully closed exhaust valve. Do not know of this is normal. Put sled back together. Seems to run 90% better. Just not quiet right. Sled has 1000 miles on it. No check engine light. Anyone have any idea. What maybe going on. Or how to adjust valves.

walker

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
In the shop now.

Hopefully they find something wrong.

walker

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Fixed problem

Took sled to dealer. 2.5 weeks later they cleaned rave valve and replaced sensor. This is what I was told was the problem. They also replaced servo. Rode yesterday runs great. Just getting back in case anyone has same problem.

walker

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Warranty

It was under warranty. So they had to wait in ski doo to authorize every part they put on.thst is what they told me took so long. Then the parts where 5 days out.

T
Feb 1, 2018
Garden city Utah
Last couple times out sled felt like it was loading up on bottom end. Once it hit 6000 it ran fine. Pulled rpm and hills fine. Then couple hours into ride yesterday rpm started falling off. Then roped out at 7000. Pretty sure exhaust valves where not opening. I have a can on it. Not exhaust note change at 6000. Pulled off servo checked cable operation. Seems to open and close. I have to push last 1/4 inch of valve return to achieve fully closed exhaust valve. Do not know of this is normal. Put sled back together. Seems to run 90% better. Just not quiet right. Sled has 1000 miles on it. No check engine light. Anyone have any idea. What maybe going on. Or how to adjust valves.

I had a power valve problem out of the box. I was having some clutch work done and the shop said that the dealer set it up wrong. It was getting stuck. I’m glad I took the sled to a small shop that runs on reputation alone. I didn’t even ask them to look into it.

K
Oct 23, 2017
Do you know if the brp computer on your sled showed codes tha told the mechanic to change those sensors. And also the servo ? I’m having the same type problems but there’s no codes comming up on my sleds computer

Premium Features