• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any of you people been out riding!!!

L
Aug 29, 2008
CT
Heading up to maine this weekend and Island Pound VT next weekend. I herd they got lots of snow from this storm. I'm gona realy work the long track.

B
Apr 3, 2008
Billings Mt.
I am just a country hick from Montana, So don't get me wrong. But with all the people in the northeast how is the sledding? How far do you guys drive? We drive approx 1 hour one way or 3 hours another. But Montana is so damn big that is nothing. Would love to go sledding after those Lake affect snows that you here about. What kind of country, steep mountains here, esp. at cooke city. Just interested.

L
Aug 29, 2008
CT
well from CT I drive 5.5 hours to VT and 9 hours to Maine. Its not like it is out west but I make do with what is around here. Its a whole lot better then sittin at home.

Last edited:
H
Mar 9, 2008
I am just a country hick from Montana, So don't get me wrong. But with all the people in the northeast how is the sledding? How far do you guys drive? We drive approx 1 hour one way or 3 hours another. But Montana is so damn big that is nothing. Would love to go sledding after those Lake affect snows that you here about. What kind of country, steep mountains here, esp. at cooke city. Just interested.

i'll add that it seems like westerners see the northeast as one big urban/suburban area. but northern new england is really not that heavily populated, yet. lots of this area is public and timber co. land. it may not quite compare to the west but has it all over the upper mid-west at least.

i ride on and from my property in northern vt and can get anywhere in the surrounding states and can. from here. annual snowfall can be 300" in the mountains along the border (no lake effect). here and now there is about 3' on the ground, northern maine was supposed to have about 10' last spring. the mountains here can be plenty steep but elevations are lower overall, most riding is 1000-4000' also there's a lot of dense woods (trees to close to physically fit a sled between) so that limits most riding to fresher clear-cuts and skid trails. anyway, hope this gives an idea.

DSCN0841.JPG DSCN0848.JPG DSCN0894.JPG ehm.JPG

C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
Usaully I drive 3 to4 hours to ride.Sometimes I can ride closer just depends on snowfall. Snow is really getting deep along the maine ,nh,canada border now and that is where we ride most of the time. I wish we had the terrain that you guy's out west have.to many dam trees on the east coast.

M
Dec 12, 2007
Northeast
I ride in Vt mostly and right now there is about 3 1/2 feet on the ground. I also ride with a couple of buddies north of Jackman (appox 70 Miles NE) above Seebomock Lake and the snow gets pretty deep in there also. Logging roads are nice, but beware of climbs they leave pretty good stumps that will ruin your day. I have ridden a few times out west and there is nothing around here that compares, but I can get stuck without trying to hard most of our short sled season

DSC00359.jpg DSC00455.JPG

H
Mar 9, 2008
that's why i'm considering a 2moto for my dirt bike.

BTW is that jay peak? if so, looks like the reverse of the way I see it, so i suppose ur on the west side of it?

actually, the first 2 pics are sugarloaf in NH. 3700', trail to the top. the other is just a view of camel's hump from barre. i'm in the groton area so usually see the same side of jay as you.

the 2moto looks like fun, esp. spring cond.s

D
Apr 2, 2008
Kokadjo

Just got back from our annual four day trip in Kokadjo, ME just north of greenville and still plenty of snow and it is deep had to make good choices on lines through the mountains, we were digging out a few times but great overall will post pics as soon as i get them downloaded

D
Apr 2, 2008
Kokadjo Feb 11th-15th

Hey guys here a few pics from my trip, we are leaving again this wednesday till sunday and seems as though Kokadjo has been getting slammed with snow so should be a good one Ill get some more pics

Some of the trails to get to where we play were rough as you can see in one of the trail pics but i ran my scratchers down on the trails and was great, I got a chance to ride a friends Assault and a locals 144 and let me tell you even on the trail it was good and we are mainly offtrail i think it will be the last 136 I get, my backcountry 1.75 was great though buddy with a Renegade was getting buried all day finally through him my pack and let him undig it himself haha

Kokadjo feb 11 2009 004.jpg Kokadjo feb 11 2009 007.jpg Kokadjo feb 11 2009 011.jpg Kokadjo feb 11 2009 013.jpg

L
Aug 29, 2008
CT
You say you have a Camoplast Back contry track? How do you like it I am thinking about getting it for my switchback. Heading up to Greenville ME this weekend anyone gonna be up there?

Last edited:
Premium Features