• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any elevate alternatives coming out?

Shane23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
Does anyone know if someone is coming out with a kit similar to the Ice Age elevate kit soon?

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
there's at least two other kits out that raise the front a little. BDX and Skinz. the Skinz looks pretty significant but I think it also pushes the front out some too? not sure you'd wanna extend the wheelbase like that. they pull over easy enough.

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
I dropped my skid last year in my 17 MC to try out the feel, definitely added some playfulness to the sled but have to do some suspension tuning to keep the front end down, I thought the new RIOT spindles are taller might buy a set of those to go with the skid drop and try that out, as ice age won’t sell me just spindles

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
I dropped my skid last year in my 17 MC to try out the feel, definitely added some playfulness to the sled but have to do some suspension tuning to keep the front end down, I thought the new RIOT spindles are taller might buy a set of those to go with the skid drop and try that out, as ice age won’t sell me just spindles
If you just want spindles buy an alpha kit, its spindles and just a couple small pieces.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Shane23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
there's at least two other kits out that raise the front a little. BDX and Skinz. the Skinz looks pretty significant but I think it also pushes the front out some too? not sure you'd wanna extend the wheelbase like that. they pull over easy enough.

Are you sure the BDX kit lifts the sled? All I see is that it has the Zbroz high clearance A-arms. I figured someone would've followed Ice Age and came out with a taller spindle kit like theirs

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Are you sure the BDX kit lifts the sled? All I see is that it has the Zbroz high clearance A-arms. I figured someone would've followed Ice Age and came out with a taller spindle kit like theirs
It was posted by another user earlier in his build thread. he took measurements before and after, I have no personal experience. the whole BDX spindle/a-arm kit, not the zbros, its on their website. Pro-lite front end kit or something like that.

edit- I found it, maybe shoot the guy a message to confirm https://www.snowest.com/forum/threads/alpha-with-attitude.448812/

Last edited:

niner

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Lacombe Alberta
Yes the BDX front end raises the front end 3/4” of a inch. The easy way to drop the skid is drill out the lower hole in the tunnel for the front arm and drop to the bottom hole in the rear arm. I went a different route and raised the front arm and used the bottom hole for the rear arm. So in the end I raised the belly pan about 1” , the footwell raised about 1 1/4”.

DC5B1033-65D1-4F66-8A8D-AD4D9C30DA7B.gif 6B06E320-585A-4825-98E8-21D46FF8B2DF.gif

Last edited:
Premium Features