• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any 906 Turbo Sleds?

doodah

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2008
Fremont Wisconsin
So I'm wondering if anyone is running a pump gas charger kit in Michigan, and also out west above 8000'. I am wanting to boost my Pro, only a pump gas 6-8 psi kit. Is there anything I will have to change besides clutching to run at dual elevations?

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
You will have to change clutching, change out the heads between low elevation domes and high elevation domes, change the fuel mapping. I had a 900 turbo rmk and honestly it's not worth it at low elevation. We already have plenty of air down low. IMO you are better off with a big bore kit. That's just my 2 pennies

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Ive had big boars in the past and l have a stage 3 Bikeman kit now on my Axys RMK and loving it. It has tons of power down low here in Michigan and I just spent 2 weeks out at 10,000 to 12,000ft out west and it still ripped! Im very impressed and happy, but Id be lying if I said it had the same power as a turbo at high elevation because nothing does. With that said I was high marking up there where they said "only turbos go", I made it, maybe not as fast as they would have, but its been bullet proof which means a lot to me. Oh, and I run straight pump gas everywhere.

Premium Features