• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any 2moto guys here

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Search "2Moto" etc.!

Just found this section..Been posting in the SH forum, but the majority there are a bit to narrow minded.

Last time I take you riding!:face-icon-small-win

You were the one that said you spend too much time on SW, been reading anything I could find, just usually seems bland or ping pong like in here.

Linked your vid to Northwest TT for ya, yes you got credit!

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Belive it or not

Last time I take you riding!:face-icon-small-win

You were the one that said you spend too much time on SW, been reading anything I could find, just usually seems bland or ping pong like in here.

Linked your vid to Northwest TT for ya, yes you got credit!

That comment isnt meant at all for you. I see a huge issue with non acceptance of the bike kits from many hawk riders..At the same time Ive met some great riders and good friends that I know Ill be riding with for years.. yourself included.
I may own a Hawk at some time or something similar, but the Harley
(nothings better) mentality bothers me.

S
Dec 5, 2007
Boise ID
Glad you found us OFF ROAD. Looks like you guys had a good ride up there. I wanted to head that way for a day but got sidelined on "family stuff." Later, they all said they would have rather gone to West Yellowstone... great timing guys! haha

I did do a yank and crank with the sled boys (some guys from poky I've met) last saturday in the preston area. Another great day on the bike! The trails are still not my fav but i set up the sups like brett was saying and found it a little better. The snow soften' up later in the day and then the trick became, anticipating when the front would sink to the front fender... :eek: haha lots of fun. bar checked it a couple times but didn't get thrown over the bars. Big throttle on all landings seemed to help... ya know the old "power out" thing. Kinda like the panic rev on a nose down landing. :rolleyes:

I think spring snow is my fav on the bike. I love the 1' pow days but hangin sidehills across insane angles always makes for interesting lines. I know I went places I wouldn't have been likely to make the sled stick but the opposite is true on the days of bottomless I rode a couple weeks ago... guess it's good to have the best of both world to choose from... :D

I need one of your helmet lights... got any deals I should know about? Not really hip to wire it to my bike/sled so batt option is my first thought. teach me o- master of the night. haha

SH

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Nice

I thought I was beginning to hear an echo in here..
My learning curve has grown alot this year. I got schooled at the 2moto ground zero event and went to work on how to carry more speed threw the corners.. Spending some time with high caliber Hawk riders really helped that.
Im still struggling with the packed trails, but have improved there also, I have pretty much been running the wide ski in all conditions, For me it seams easier to hold an edge when going fast down a trail..Looking forward to some nice spring riding..
For the lights our Solstice HID is whats on the film, No need for a headlight. I run from batteries as I like to have the light when off of my bike. I have our high output dc stator that I sometimes will plug into, should I forget to charge my batteries, plenty of power for grip heaters and to keep the KTM starter happy. I always offer Snowest members 10% off retail.
Hope to see you on the trail..

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
"I thought I was beginning to hear an echo in here" Know what you mean. Seems we aren't the most vocal group! I've only got a half dozen rides in so far, but I'm starting to like this 2moto thing!(not so much the hard/icey trails):eek:. But I've learned(the hard way) speed is good! The faster you get over the bad spots, the better off you are. The darting on the trail was very hard to get used to, but I think I'm learning to relax and just let it happen. A buddy said its like riding in the dunes. You just keep the power on and hope!That said, I've ridden a couple of times in a foot of fresh and its a blast! I can't believe this thing on sidehills(there's no such thing) and in the tight trees!
I've started to mess with the suspension to see if that makes a difference in the handling on the hard stuff. Hope to get out in the next couple of days to do some more testing. Was out Saturday on the packed and icey trails. Doing ok until I found myself face down with a helmet full of slush!:eek: Don't know why I went down but it sure was quick! I haven't ridden a bike sinse I had a Yamaha360 Enduro so you know how long ago that was.;) I'm learning and having fun, but body armor is a very good investment!!;):D:beer;:beer;

H

HiWaYman92

Dec 14, 2008
Pinedale, Wyoming
My boss did a demo ride on one in Boise, and he fell in love. He said it was awesome. BUT he is a dirtbiker in the summer. I am a fourwheeler. God didn't build me for two wheels. Either way, I watched the video, and it did look like a blast, but completely different than a sled.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
My boss did a demo ride on one in Boise, and he fell in love. He said it was awesome. BUT he is a dirtbiker in the summer. I am a fourwheeler. God didn't build me for two wheels. Either way, I watched the video, and it did look like a blast, but completely different than a sled.

I know what you mean.. now not only do I need at least 3 bikes for the summer, I need at least 2 different snow machines for the winter...
Im very interested with what you guys are coming up with for rear end setup
Ive tried getting info, but was not very successful. Its all trial and error
some base guide lines would be nice..I havent noticed much of a diff in adjusting the "ram" and always keep it cranked up. But I am a heavy guy.
Next season I will have a custom spring made..It seems Im always bottoming out the rear but the front is to stiff, even with the soft EXC suspension..Something to do with the ski??

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
Have you read Brett's post on page 3? The levelink is what controls the front of the skid. Leave it soft to allow the track to climb on the snow. Now adjust the Ohlin to get the ride and response that you want. I'm 230 and I'm just starting to get the suspension to work like I want.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Have you read Brett's post on page 3? The levelink is what controls the front of the skid. Leave it soft to allow the track to climb on the snow. Now adjust the Ohlin to get the ride and response that you want. I'm 230 and I'm just starting to get the suspension to work like I want.

Yah I did see that post and there was more info there than I have heard before.. Unfortunately it didnt work for me..I have just cranked it up and left it. I think 2 moto should have basic setup info on their site..Or at least in the assembly instructions. The forum is interesting but not there yet.
Dont get me wrong the 2 moto works great and Im very happy with it.
when I did mess around with the ram adjustment anything but full tilt had the track hitting me in the bottom of the heel of my boots. Its probably my weight. more like 275.. maybe Ill do something about that before next season..
Ya right. did I tell you I have a bridge for sale:D:D

Premium Features