• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anti Stab's Needed ? 155 Pol to 163 Ice Age rails ?

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
I recently installed 163 Ice Age rails on my 18 Axys 155, then a factory Pol/Camso 163 track.

Moved all orig parts and pieces from one set of rails to the other. Installed the rear axle with the larger 8" wheels recommended by Ice Age. Then installed on the machine (also moved to Fox Floats specifically for that sled/geometry (not Khaos)).

In the process, i put the 155 Polaris rails and the new 163 Ice Age rail side by side on the bench. Looking specifically at rail from the mounting point of the front arm and forward, the locations of bumpers and the rail end "wedges (?)", overall length, angles of the arc, etc. was pretty much identical from one to the next.

With my set up, do I, should I, also put in an anti-stab axle/kit on the front of the rails ? Do I really need it ? I could see that if I did anything to change the approach angle to something more than factory, i would set myself up for a "stab" issue.

Thanks in advance !

o2bncamo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 7, 2009
wisconsin
In a word no. Only need the anti stab if you put new extrovert drivers on. If you have the stock drivers no need for anti stab.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Correct, not needed.

But with the work you did, I would have throw those garbage drivers in the trash can, installed a set of Avid Powerclaw's and then added the Ice Age Anti Stab.

Premium Features