Another Trailer Floor Option

Dec 24, 2017
I found 700 tiles on FB marketplace for a good price. For the price, I wasn’t worried about the brand and figured it was worth a try. Laid them in my trailer and on my ramp door this weekend. I used a few stainless screws to hold it all in place. Drove the sled in when done and it slid so well on the tiles. Brand new carbides barely left a mark. Excited to see how the season goes with it.

Attachments

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Now that you have a season or two on the Swisstrax.
How is it holding up to regular use?
Actually very good!!! The carbides hardly leave a mark in it !! I accidentally spun the IQR track with studs and that left a few more marks but really that wasn't even horrible.

What's really nice is whatever drips off the sleds falls through the tile. Once the ice builds up a little, it breaks off super easy and you sweep it out! Obviously if you have a heated trailer, this has no effect but without heat, there is no ice build up inside.

I would definitely do it again!

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
FatDogX - Do you have a picture of how you attached them to the floor?
There not attached to the floor that's part of the beauty!! It's cut to fit in the trailer and once all the tiles snap together it doesn't move. If you want to pull it out, just unsnap one side and then split it in half and pull it out!

I suppose you could try some screws but really isn't a point, the floor doesn't move at all.

Premium Features