• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

Another DIY Tunnel Bag Option

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Hey All, here's another DIY tunnel bag option that you probably haven't seen yet. I just finished up on it tonight:

Start with this old school Polaris tunnel bag. You can find them on Ebay for $90 or less. I just had one lying around, not getting used. It fits surprisingly well.

Then as an option, to keep things dry, add a plastic platform. I used some 1/2" thick plastic, spaced off by one lock nut. Carriage bolts are 1.5" long.

Install the bag and bolt down the two outside corners thru the bag. Voila, done. I used this bag last season without the platform and it worked great. Only downside was that it did get a bit wet. Thus the reason I built a platform to get it off the hot tunnel. The bag will also strap to the running boards, as originally designed, if you don't want to bolt it down. Significantly more room than the standard under seat bag.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I suppose of you had one of those bags laying around it would be OK. But $90 is enough to buy an under seat bag or money toward something like the Sled Solutions bag.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
I think you missed the point. These bags are $90 new. The regular underseat bag is $100 and it doesn't even hold half of what this bag holds. I have an additional tunnel bag that I never used, because this bag held everything. Got in there all my tools, tow strap, coat liner, first aid, food for the day, with room to spare.

I would say it's equivalent in size to the Sled Solutions bag at a fraction of the price. There's a used one at auction on eBay right now for $15 and I've seen a ton of these bags at Haydays. Used, they probably go for $20-$50.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
Ak
I think you missed the point. These bags are $90 new. The regular underseat bag is $100 and it doesn't even hold half of what this bag holds. I have an additional tunnel bag that I never used, because this bag held everything. Got in there all my tools, tow strap, coat liner, first aid, food for the day, with room to spare.

I would say it's equivalent in size to the Sled Solutions bag at a fraction of the price. There's a used one at auction on eBay right now for $15 and I've seen a ton of these bags at Haydays. Used, they probably go for $20-$50.
Not to take away from your idea but those bags have one of the weakest zippers i’ve ever used.
(Seen three separate bags with blown out zippers)

I don’t think they are worth $15..........even new

Jul 28, 2014
Another good one i started doing was a 7 dollar fanny pack/waist pack...i think thats what you call them, from walmart for a handle bar bag. Holds all my wrenches and sockets, plugs, hay wire, herb, a couple chocolate bars, lighters and matches and a 500ml water bottle, im sure theres more in there that im forgetting about.....7 bucks and 2 zip ties vs whats the handle bar bags go for? 100+ crazy how everything is 100 or more for these things.

Premium Features