• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

* ANNUAL COPPER CREEK RIDE AND BBQ *

SnowXTC

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Montana
Well it is that time of year again to start planning the Annual Copper Creek Ride and BBQ up to the bowls outside Lincoln, MT.

Mark your calendars for March 31, 2012. Copper Creek parking lot, ride from 9:00 or whenever you get there till about 4:30 or so. BBQ at 5:30 back at the parking lot.

You can either bring a dish or donate towards the burgers, etc…. If you are bringing a dish, let us know what you are bringing, so we do not duplicate stuff. We also need a head count of who is coming.

Last year we had around 80 people and we had an awesome time.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

S

snowhound82

Jan 22, 2009
Arlee, mt
Wanted to get there for this event last year but got to busy with other things, sounds like it's a good time. I've put this event on my Outlook Calendar and plan on making reservations for lodging yet this week, see you in March!:high5::high5::high5:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Sweet.

It's a good time. Curtis Friede brought sleds over from Kurts Polaris for some demo time too. Good stuff.

SnowXTC

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Montana
Wow, the 4M is dead these days. I remember having to start a new thread by now. Facebook event has a lot of responses though. I guess this is a sign of the times.

I am going to ask and hoping that the trail will be groomed the evening before the ride. I also think all donations after the food is paid for should go to the Ponderosa Snow Warriors grooming fund. How do others feel about this?

I will be getting the Top Sirlon burgers and buns and I will of course bring the BBQ beans and one BBQ. Spud will either do fries or potato salad (even though we know it will be Ruth). I also have the paper plates and napkins and can pick up the condiments.

Fasman (dr phil) is out of town and I don't think he can get on here right now, so I am not sure what he is bringing, but I know he is coming.

Feel free to PM me your info so I can add you to the Facebook event.

It is shaping up to be another great BBQ. Pray for more snow and a nice sunny day.

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
I know our usual couple people will be there....maybe with a few extras. Let me know what you want us to bring...otherwise we will donate to the cause when there.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Well suck it PamelaAnn!

I have 50sum more posts to view, so start a new one then, cause thinkin I will not re-up my script...

Well who am I gonna teach my kid to give crap to if you aren't here? ;)

SnowXTC

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Montana
Scott, Spud is going. He is talking about not renewing his subscription to Snowest. Something I am sure many will be considering in the near future.

AirForce, again............ We tried to plan it early enough and we even did it a week earlier and you are still out. So next year, let one of us know when you will be gone and we can attempt to plan it when your here. However, I am sure we will have several more rides and BBQs this year as the riding is just getting good in April. I know, the others just are not the same as this one; change your plans and join us.

D

drphil

Nov 26, 2007
So whats happening here??? I dont know what ive missed in regards to the "forum"

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Hope to be there. Not going to blow off any of my boost reference lines this year and have to get towed out by my wife:face-icon-small-hap and it's still debatable-I may have been pushing her out.

Spud what is wrong w/ Snowest? Cheapest snowmobile entertainment out there. W/out it, I would get more work done during the day, which would leave more time on nights and weekends to do more projects. Projects cost money. I would be spending more money than I would be making if I was not screwing around. Having a membership is like creating an additional savings account. Makes sense right???:crazy:

A

AirForceSledder

Dec 19, 2009
Great Falls, MT
SnowXTC... thanks again for putting this wonderful event on. Great way to get all of us together for a forum ride!:face-icon-small-coo It has nothing to do with the dates picked...I just always happen to have plans to be out-of-state ONLY that week out of the whole winter, and they are like 6 months in the works for me....oh well. Glad I got to make the second one last year, but with this years snow, doubt that will happen.

Spud... yeah it might be dead on here, but lets face it....you check this site everyday all winter like me to see about snow conditions or to read posts about them awesome Arctic Cats! Only I read about Polaris! It only costs about a case of beer per year to participate in this forum. Pretty cheap IMO. :face-icon-small-ton

S

Spud

Mar 5, 2003
Lewistown,MT-USA
Ryan, thinking of un-friending all polriders on fb, so u prolly won't hear from me there either along with all the pol-blowin going on here too. Ya would figure cat or doo even existed! In fact why even bring out a 013 cat or doo, Sheesh!!!

A

AirForceSledder

Dec 19, 2009
Great Falls, MT
Also its not even worth coming on here to check for condition updates. cause there are NONE!

Come on Spud, you know that this crappy snow year is to blame for that. When has it been this dead? Nobody wants to post average/below average riding pics but me and a few others from the KH thread!:face-icon-small-coo

How much fun is posting this: "snow was less than avg, we rode on some hard pack and found 4" of snow, here's the pics...."

Last edited:
Premium Features